[RFC] TBR-Q2-2023 - Community Team
|Team Name||Community Team|
|Quarter and Year||Q2 2023|
|Total USD Value Requested||$57,366.32 USD|
The community team is responsible for stewarding, instilling, and nurturing the culture and contributors around the protocol. Its work ensures the ethos of PoolTogether stays strong as the protocol grows. The team’s areas of focus are:
- Identity: Facilitate and foster events, vibes & values
- Spaces: Manage & maintain community spaces
- Content: Create & promote content such as newsletters, guides, articles, and user documentation
- Engagement: Empower community members to take ownership & help grow PoolTogether
- Relationships: Cultivate trust, coordinate actions, and collaborate for change
PoolTogether is perceived as the most wholesome, welcoming, and secure community in DeFi.
During the last quarter we over-obsessed over maintaining a qualitative community. Instead of issuing top-down work, the main focus has been to help contributors to help themselves through community programs and highlighting their voices.
As a Community Builder I am dedicated to value to our community member’s time.
Community members should be drawn to PoolTogether because of the value the protocol and community provides at a base level and not because they can earn XP or NFTs. We are here to build real trust instead of farming engagement.
Notable achievements in Q2:
- (Co-)authored nearly all content on the following platforms: Mirror, Medium, Pool News (Community Newsletters), Tweets, Lens,
- Created guiderails for community to help themselves through programs such as content booster and community-led events
- Rerevamped the Coordinape process
- Reviewed the governance process and updated our Governance Documentation
- Steward for the Optimism Ecosystem
- Grew PoolCollective to top 25 delegate on OP Token House governance (0.85% of votable supply)
- Sucessfully navigated grant #2 from draft to last user rewarded
- Planned & executed the OP Rewards campaign
- Steward for the Lens ecosystem
- Grew PoolTogether.lens into top 300 handles based on followers
- 3rd biggest DeFi protocol handle
- Contributed to PoolyCon
- Landing Page, community building, promotion, planning
- Post-Conference survey results
- Noxe has joined the team to expand and steward community-led events
Again, all of our community spaces remain a safe place. There were no major security incidents on any of our moderated spaces, such as Discord, Telegram, or Reddit. All these spaces have undergone two or more security checks during the last quarter.
Double-down on what has been done, but focus on:
- Spearheading the marketing and educational efforts for the next version of PoolTogether.
- Fostering the on-chain identity of our community
- PoolTogether is a web3 brand: Continue distributing PoolTogether’s values and brand to thousand of wallets through Mirror, Lens, POAPs, Guild, NFT drops, our constitution, Optimism attestations and other collectible on-chain memories.
- Continuing to persue ecosystem partnerships such as Optimism and Lens
Maintain a strong and engaged community.
– Shape community-first vibes through events, bounties & other fun activities
– Promote the PoolTogether values and nurture our community identity
– Ensure the community is a safe space for its members
Milestones: 0 incidents on Discord, build out our shared on-chain identity
Performance Metrics: Grow community sustainably by 2%, number of on-chain proofs
Increase the level of ownership taken by protocol contributors through Community Experience.
– Increase transparency & awareness of key community activities
– Create entry points for contributors to play a role in growing the protocol
– Spotlight contributors and their work
Milestones: Set up a translator program, expand community-led events and content booster programs
Performance Metrics: # of facilitated events
Increase awareness & affinity for savings, the no loss spirit, and PoolTogether’s role in Decentralized Finance.
– Be a reliable news source around the PoolTogether protocol and its closer ecosystem
– Create educational content around PoolTogether: visuals, explainers, or videos
– Actively work on creating spaces for cross-community activities in an effort to unite communities
Milestones: Create a content campaign for the hyperstructure launch, Publish a bi-weekly newsletter
Performance Metrics: Grow content reach by 3+%, maintain an open rate of 18-20%
Improve coordination, mutual learning, and flow of resources and information.
– Host meetings & workshops to share and apply our learnings
– Create playbooks to garner and share best practices
– Maintain spaces for knowledge exchange
Milestones: Expand the Community Dashboard & Wiki, Facilitate weekly Community Calls & bi-weekly Contributor Meetings
The following metrics will be used to measure the team’s success:
|Baseline Data (as of March 15, 2023)|
|Token holders (>1 POOL)||7,703|
|# (%) of holders verified on Discord||495 (6.42%)|
|Events (quarter avg./month)||12|
|Coordinape Contributors (#)||59|
Budget for Quarter
|Bounties & Contests||850 POOL|
|Merch & Incentives||2,450 USDC|
|Open Role Comp.||1,770 USDC + 341.84 POOL|
|Total||4,220.00 USDC + 10,191.84 POOL|
*Coordinape is distributing uGMI options. These options require locking the max amount of potentially distributed POOL to fulfill them. The exact amount of POOL that is returned for the current quarter is still to be determined.
|Role||Yearly USD Compensation||Commitment Percentage||Quarterly USDC||Quarterly POOL||Contributor||Contributor Discord|
|Events & Contributors||$90,000||30%||5,670.00||1058.82||Noxe||Noxe#1780|
The Community Team expects the following expenses to incur during the quarter:
|Bounties & Contests||1,000 POOL|
|Incentives & Merch||3,000 USDC|
|Delegation Budget||100,000 PTaOptUSDC|
The Coordinape budget is capped at $10,000 worth of POOL per month. $400 per active circle member is being distributed per month.
The Executive Team will continue to hold custody of the Delegation budget. This budget is not intended to be spent but to be used as contributor incentives and contest rewards via the PoolTogether delegation feature.
All the funds not used at the end of the quarter will be rolled over to the next quarter in case the team gets approved. If it is not, all unused funds will be returned to the PoolTogether treasury.
The requested funds in summary:
After deduction of the surplus:
Note: Token prices at time of budget request are used for standardization. For simplicity the relevant token prices are provided below.
The team member compensation is based on the compensation formula spreadsheet.