TBR Growth Team 2023
|Quarter and Year||Q2 2023|
|Total Payout Requested||$56,833|
How does PoolTogether Grow?
If you’ve had a conversation with Milly Yearly, you’ve probably heard about the Growth Teams Three Pillars:
- Every Wallet Deposited
- Every Protocol Integrated
- Million Dollar Grand Prize
But how do we get there? The answer, of course, is in the pillars themselves.
Every Wallet Deposited
If you have an EVM wallet, you should have $10 in PoolTogether. Like wallets should come with it built in. The larger the prizes, the more this will be the culture.
But it’s not just the large prizes that woo deposits. It’s the community, and PoolTogether’s Community is unstoppable.
The community is generous, service oriented and wants to see DeFi defended, good financial decisions being made, and crypto benefit everyone. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?!
Partnerships are a great way to achieve this goal, because when PoolTogether works with a protocol, wallet, or project, those communities are compelled to deposit into PoolTogether because PoolTogether is investing attention into their community.
Every Protocol Integrated
Speaking of Partnerships: The tipping point to every protocol integrated is moving from a “Hey can we work with you” conversation to a “how can we use the PoolTogether protocol in our product/community/project” conversation.
Again, this comes from the value that the PoolTogether Protocol provides, sure. But it also comes from a desire to be aligned with the PoolTogether Community.
With Hyperstructure coming soonTM, the Growth Team will collaborate with the protocol team to pursue Tokens and Yield sources that will lead to a successful and diverse launch across chains/layers.
Million Dollar Grand Prize
But how do we get to a Million Dollar Prize? We need TVL to grow significantly. How do we grow TVL significantly? Here’s what we’ve tried so far:
- Quests and Rewards - The Optimism Quests along with OP drip grew PoolTogether to the ATH users (75K) and brought TVL up to $50+ million. We will continue to pursue Quests and Rewards as a key strategy for the growth team, including rolling our own.
- Whale Depositooors - We’ll pursue any project that has a treasury or whale support. Lots of conversations have been had, and it seems like a good idea to most projects, but PoolTogether has been demonstrating the power of delegation for the past two quarters, and projects are starting to see the impact!
- Continued Partnerships/Hyperstructure Unlock - We’ve seen the power of what PoolTogether can accomplish with Optimism, but what coudl PoolTogether accomplish with Optimism, Rainbow, and Juno or with Lens, Philand, and Starbucks? When we stack partnerships, resources are POOLED bb! The next version of PoolTogether will allow anyone to plug in to the prizes.
- 7 Episodes this Quarter so far
- 800 Downloads
- Highlight videos on Lens for each episode
- DenicioDelToro editing and producing
- Darby and Allanon running the show featuring the PT Community. Episodes once every two weeks.
- <10 listeners per episode
- PoolyCon complete!
- Number 3 in DAUs per Token Terminal
- Polygon Degen Quest
- To date this quarter: 836 unique depositors from referral link
- Layer3 Polygon/Optimism Quest
- To date this quarter: 6.2K unique depositors from referral link
- PTaUSDC Spending Card approved and in development
- Stani at Poolycon!
- PoolTogether massive influence due to Lens Interns
- App Icon and Prize Notifications
- ETHDenver Referral System test
- TaHo/ Daylight
- in wallet prize notifications
- The Deep End
- Allanon and Darby hosting Bi-Weekly Twitter Spaces featuring the PoolTogether Community
- Allanon Researching DIY Quests
Q2 2023 Goals
- Launch PTaUSDC Spending Card
- Launch PoolTogether Quest using Swim Points
- Improve Distribution and Reach of PoolTogether Community Podcast (continue to build Lens presence)
- Continue to recruit NFT Project/Treasury to use Delegation
- Curate Hyperstructure Token,Yield Source and Integration Partnerships
- Explore PoolTogether Quarterly Hackathon Layer
Performance Metrics / Milestones
- Launch homegrown Quest strategy to increase Daily Active Users
- Increased Lens Activity and Community Presence
- Meetings with
- New Projects
- Produce one podcast per week including a highligh video to be posted on Lens Protocol
- Host Twitter Spaces Bi-Weekly
- Number of Deals Closed (Rainbow, Juno, Polygon, TaHo)
- Number of PoolTogether Protocol integrations
PoolyCon was a success! We’ve received 15 responses for feedback and all respondes said they would come to the next PoolyCon.
The speakers were great, the room full, the attendees engaged, and Vitalik’s mom Natalia visited for a split second.
One commenter wrote, “Great content, easily digestible for new poolers, high energy from speakers throughout the event kept the atmosphere welcoming to newcomers.” Check out the rest of the Survey Results from Tjark’s PoolyCon Survey Recap.
The merch, though towels weren’t as good in quality, was well received, and lasted throughout the week.
BeersTogether brought in 350 RSVPs and we had a well attended event with the Amex crew staying for the whole party.
PoolTogether’s time at ETHDenver was good for community building, partnership building, and demonstrated the gathering power of the PoolTogether Community.
The Growth Team lead will receive $28,000 USDC per quarter and will recieve a quarterly POOL allotment instead of distribution via Coordinape Circle.
In March, the Growth Team lead will receive 300 GIVE to distribute each epoch, which will allow for more accountability with team member deliverables and most likely less POOL compensation for the team lead. The Growth Team Coordinape Circle is an experiment and the lead along with Coordinape lead evaluate compensation weekly.
There are 9 team members on the Growth Team, and anyone can join! After a trial period, all team members will recieve 100 GIVE to distribute to others in the circle.
The Growth team is requesting 21,000 POOL which is ~180 POOL per person per week.
You can see a list of contributions per epoch as well as a summary of POOL Distributed in both the Main and Growth Circles on our team tracking spreadsheet.
Based on governance post interactions, I’ve adjusted the commitment percentage to 80% (4 days a week).
Upon completing the CAP form - link - and discussing with Brendan, The Growth Team needs to be more B2B and Sales focused in Q2 to have a solid Hyperstructure Launch.
This involves working with Protocol Team to define the PoolTogether Hyperstructure Growth Strategy and develop a Vault/Integration Playbook, recruit and train a Sales team to take the playbook and onboard more Tokens/Yieldsources, EVM chains and layers, as well as encourage bots development, wallets and apps to feature PoolTogether Hyperstructure.
We’ll need to tweak our strategy and playbook post launch, but Q2 is all about launching strong with key tokens, yield sources, wallets, and integrations. LFG!
|Role||Yearly Total Compensation||Commitment Percentage||Quarterly USDC||Quarterly POOL||Contributor|
|Contributor Coordinape||N/A||various||0||21,000||Coordinape Pool|
|Lead Compensation (in POOL)||7,268|
|Coordinape Pool for Growth Contributors (in POOL)||21,000|
|USDC for Delegation||$100,000|