Greetings PoolTogether community!
My name is Brian and I’m one of the co-founders of RabbitHole. RabbitHole is a platform for users to learn about and participate in crypto protocols while earning ownership in them. We’re excited about the potential of PoolTogether as a new savings money lego and think RabbitHole would be a great fit to help drive more users to the protocol.
Protocols like Gnosis, OpenSea, Matcha, Aave, and others have used RabbitHole to drive growth to their platforms and protocols. RabbitHole has helped distribute more than $100K in rewards and has hundreds of daily active users who are completing tasks across different protocols - and has been driving adoption on the demand side for crypto networks.
Our goal with RabbitHole is to be the best education and growth platform serving the best cryptonetworks. We’re actively playing a large governance role in each ecosystem to grow the number of retail users participating in each ecosystem to foster a higher participation rate.
RabbitHole will run a PoolTogether campaign on RabbitHole to drive new user deposits and on-chain referrals to the protocol.
Task: Deposit on PoolTogether
Total allocation: 6000 PT tokens allocated
Total number of potential users: 500
Rewards to every user: 10 POOL tokens + 1 PoolTogether NFT (design TBD)
Rewards paid out to RabbitHole multisig: 20% of the total tokens distributed
There are currently 2.5% of the POOL tokens set aside in the Treasury for onboarding and education initiatives (outlined here). 2.5% of 10,000,000 total supply is 250,000 tokens. We are looking to do just a fraction of that for this campaign as a way to dip toes in the water and start turning on the growth gears for PoolTogether.
Here’s how it will work:
RabbitHole will set up the queries using the PoolTogether subgraph to track if a user has deposited.
- If a user has deposited into the Pool, the user will be able to receive a reward of 10 POOL Tokens distributed the day the campaign ends.
- The user must be BrightID verified to be eligible (to protect against users creating multiple addresses and guarantee uniqueness).
- The quest will run for one full week after the proposal passes.
- RabbitHole will have a multi-sig with PoolTogether requiring ⅔ signatures to send the funds to users.
- POOL tokens received by RabbitHole multi-sig will be vested for 1y and be used in governance.
- Remaining POOL tokens will be sent back to the treasury.
- Introduce a new class of users to the PoolTogether ecosystem.
- Training new users in the ecosystem to use the protocol and provide a way to rebate gas deposits with a token reward.
- Test out RabbitHole as a meaningful paid acquisition channel for the PoolTogether community and test out new features.
As a quick case study and to give some data points, we ran a campaign with Matcha in late December. Here were the stats from the campaign:
- 611 users made a swap on Matcha
- 262 users completed the campaign and earned 30 $ZRX
- $6.40 acquisition cost per user
- 270 of the 611 users (44%) pooled on Uniswap
In the future, we can run more campaigns on PoolTogether such as voting on proposals, winning the PoolTogether official pool, referring friends to join the pool, and more. This is just the beginning of what’s possible for the PoolTogether ecosystem. As the number of users grow on RabbitHole, the more people that will be introduced and onboarded into PoolTogether.
We welcome any feedback from the community on this proposal. We will be putting up this proposal in the next few days. We hope to see you in RabbitHole soon!