Atlantis World will build a token-gated meta-space for the PoolTogether community personalised using brand assets, where $POOL token holders / DAO members can interact with each other using text chat + video calling. We also plan to integrate PoolTogether’s no loss prize game products into the core Atlantis World experience, enabling network effects of our collaborations with other market leaders (such as Yearn, Polygon, Audius) as well as onboarding new users from Web2 into Web3 / DeFi.
In the future, we will also build interactive learning modules centred around PoolTogether in our Web3 Academy.
Introduction to Atlantis World
Atlantis World is a pixel metaverse with token-gating, video calling, gamified DeFi + in-game DAO voting. We believe that as much as metaverse should be open, it should be accessible (lightweight) + plug into DeFi applications in a fun / gamified way.
Existing virtual worlds are inaccessible because they have a 3d/immersive focus, resulting in a high-cost barrier to entry (since in order to enjoy seamless loading experience, users must go out + buy the latest iPad / gaming pc, this technology / hardware is neither inexpensive or readily available globally).
Also, we believe that we are missing a huge onboarding opportunity into DeFi as a collective space by not gamifying leading dApps / protocols inside of virtual worlds with additional interactive learning modules.
We are adding video/audio calling capabilities to user-owned, token-gated spaces inside of our pixel metaverse for communities to interact with each other; whilst gamifying DeFi protocols like Aave / Yearn / Sushi, curating interactive learning modules in our Web3 Academy + gamifying DAO voting.
To provide further value to the space, we’re exploring adding tooling products like CoinGecko to the Atlantis experience, as well as transforming our favourite NFT avatars into versatile, hyper-composable playable characters by building open source sprite sheets + full walk cycles ready to be used by those communities not just in Atlantis, but in all of pixel metaverse.
We’re also building public spaces + rethinking decentralized governance in collaboration with our community. We plan to build the City of Atlantis → a buzzing, entrepreneurial capital owned / governed by its users / inhabitants, where ETH is money + creative culture is king. If users want to open a business, like a virtual cafe, music venue, or independent art exhibition, they’ll be able to apply to occupy land for free until they’re seen to be making revenue (which is always verifiable on-chain).
How do we plan to gamify PoolTogether & provide long term value?
Atlantis World plans to benefit the greater PoolTogether ecosystem in a number of ways:
- Gamification of PoolTogether all around Atlantis (including public spaces + token gated spaces of other communities) → resulting in a smooth onboarding process for new users + an engaging experience for returning users.
- Adding PoolTogether ATM / booth + brand assets to Atlantis City (beyond core brand assets, $POOL emojis, we’d love to feature historical community-driven moments, such as ‘Last Supper’)
- We plan to build a personalised, token gated space for PoolTogether community + DAO members. Once there, $POOL holders will have the opportunity to instantly connect with everybody also in the space on a video/audio call, whilst interacting with PoolTogether or other dApps / protocols such as Yearn / Sushi + exploring the game world. Eventually, users will be able to play mini-games as we add further integrations + actually upgrade the space / build spaces of their own.
- After our closed beta testing, the PoolTogether space will be airdropped to the PoolTogether DAO, so that every game asset + building (tokenized individually on Polygon + also bridged to Ethereum) will be community owned.
- We plan to build a Web3 Academy inside of Atlantis World, which will include learning modules centred around PoolTogether + allow users to experiment within a secure ‘SAFU’ testing environment.
- We can create a portal to PoolTogether in Atlantis City + integrate products in Atlantis City, PoolTogether space + in other token-gated lands for example Yearn community.
- “Having a virtual place, bar or pool; where one can virtually socialize with others (listen to music, dip in the pool or drink a beer ) and participate in pods and pools” // credit: rliriano (PT Discord)
- “I feel like a year-round, all day/night pool party would be epic. Especially for people in colder climates. Imagine a DJ getting paid in deposits and visitors needing $POOL or an NFT to get past the bouncer” // credit: crimlou (PT Discord)
- We’re happy to explore any additional ideas / suggestions and consider building & integrating them inside of $POOL space, as well as all around Atlantis World.
- Integrating PT products. Simple integration in Q3 to current demo. Gamification in Q4 all across Atlantis (including public beta spaces + token gated lands of other communities).
- Building personalised, token gated $POOL space. Community invited for testing in early Q4 prior to land airdrop in late Q4.
- Adding booth / portal + brand assets to Atlantis City (Atlantis City is projected to launch in Q1-Q2 2022, PoolTogether portal will be included in the initial release + also demo / public beta versions prior).
- Creating gamified learning modules for PT in our Web3 Academy, Q3 2022.
Disclaimer: we may need to revise timelines if grant is not allocated in Q3 2021.
$50k USD payable at current market value in ETH / USDC / DAI → atlantisworld.eth
Additional Support Requests
We’d highly appreciate some additional support on our mission to collaborate with + add long term value to the PoolTogether community:
- tech support if needed (docs should be sufficient)
- promotion / outreach support within the PoolTogether community, such as collaboration announcements
TYSM for your time! We look forward to building the best possible gamified, fun & interactive experience for PoolTogether community!
Here is a screenshot taken from personalised cryptopunks space inside of Atlantis World beta.