Hey all. Some discussions in the last few weeks has got me thinking about ways to gamify the PoolTogether experience a bit further. PoolTogether is ripe for more gamification and we are missing a trick on building something to incentivize more user deposits into the Pools and get people engaging and interacting with the ecosystem more. Voting on governance, providing liquidity, putting emojis in their twitter handles etc.
Benefits of such a system could be:
- Engage users and garner some protocol loyalty by having them invest in increasing their xp and level. This is typical gamer “I need to level up, bigger number = better” psychology.
- A task list is an educational tool. Users love to be directed and a task list can educate them on the kinds of actions they can take within the PoolTogether ecosystem.
- Have users become ambassadors of the protocol by having them promote the PoolTogether meme on twitter or other socials.
- Grow the pools
I found the zapper.fi Quests & Rewards season implementation was awesome. Very simple and very effective imho at getting users to interact with zapper. Zappers discord has users constantly asking “Wen season 2 Quests?” A good problem to have. Users are engaged!
You can see my draft document for the RFP here which is open for comments. I think we could make this an awesome community collaboration and I welcome as many ideas and builds from the community as possible to make this the best attempt at this as possible.
@Torgin Suggested I draft an RFP and so I’ve done so with the help of @Brendan 's templates he released the other day. Please forgive me if I’ve butchered my delivery of the idea and it makes no sense to any potential implementers. I’m not a designer or developer so this is just my attempt at conveying the initial idea.
The cliff notes are:
- Implement an xp-based rewards system directly into app.pooltogether
- Increase engagement and education through completing tasks in the app
- Incentivize retaining longer deposits by leveraging the Time Weighted Average Balance mechanism coming in V4. “Longer time in the pool = better reward”
- A suggested initial run of 3 months of tasks and rewards
- Initial rewards will be some sweet NFTs distributed over the level tiering system. Zapper did 5, we can think of doing something similar.
The final prize in the system could be a ridiculously high quality limited mint that users are eligible for winning if they reach that tier in a raffle-style distribution. We could commission Kitteh_, pplpleasr or some other well-known high quality artist that people would absolutely love to get their hands on one of their nfts. On the flip side, we could make access to the raffle of the godlike NFTs with very moderate requirements for interacting with PT. Just a thought!
Once I have had input from the wider community, I will hand over the draft RFP to the grants committee and they can include on poolgrants.com. Hopefully we get some developer interest as i think it could be a cool project.