I have intentions of making this into an RFP but wanted to get community input first.
- PoolTogether is uniquely qualified for gamification where other protocols are not
- POOL token utility is lacking ( especially on Polygon )
- Current mainnet POOL utility in pPOOL is inflationary
- PoolTogether v4 specific actions are underleveraged
- PoolTogether has over 4 million USDC
Staking POOL tokens earns players SWIM points per POOL token staked per day. These SWIM tokens can then be used at the PoolTogether Marketplace ( Concession Stand? ) to acquire extra chances of winning in the upcoming daily draw.
- The protocol will deposit USDC into v4
- The amount of chance to acquire will be fixed amount per day based on the amount the protocol deposits
- This adds a game utility to the POOL token and specific to v4 new delegate action
- This is not inflationary where staking more POOL gets you more POOL is
- Adds POOL token utility to Polygon
As far as I understand the delegate action is limited in a way that it only allows delegation to one address. If true this is a obvious problem since the idea would be to allow multiple addresses (players) to acquire a specific amount of chance, say 10,000 PTaUS worth of chance boost, from the protocols deposit.
There are pros and cons to each. The centralized way would be more of a traditional backend and the SWIM points are internal to the system only. Whereas, the decentralized way is SWIM points are their own erc20 token that can be claimed.