PoolGrants Season 3 Lead elections

The time has come to vote on the leads for Season 3 of the Pooltogether grants committee!
Applications have rolled in over the last week and can be found here.

For more information on what the Pooltogether grants committee is, check out:
Initial PTIP
Season 2 PTIP
Poolgrants.org

As was the case last time, the leads will be chosen by the community, then the leads will choose who will become a reviewer.

On this post, we will use polls for informal voting. If the polls have a clear outcome, they will be considered as the consensus, with formal affirmation later through the grants program renewal PTIP.
If the vote in this post is contentious, there will be a more formal voting process through Snapshot.

Before voting, please inform yourself by reading the candidates’ applications, which are linked under their name.

Deputy lead candidates

Gabor:

SmartInvestor:

Lead candidates

Only Torgin applied for this role, so he is the only candidate:

Who shall become grants committee deputy lead?

• Gabor
  • SmartInvestor
0 voters

Accept Torgin as grants committee lead?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

I feel I should back up my votes with an explanation. I admire Torgin and Gabor as well as their contributions to grants! They are the bedrock of PoolTogether and cherished members of this community.

I’m in favor of a changing of the guard for grants every year, at least, since a year is a decade in crypto.

However this vote goes, I would love to see a change to the grants process where there are in person interviews with the committee rather than fully asynchronous.

Kisses,
Hot Mike

4 Likes

I definitely get that perspective and was very thankful to @SmartInvestor for applying. He is certainly a very worthy candidate. I did however think it would be better to have someone start in the role of has already served as a reviewer.

1 Like