|Team Name||Onboarding / Education Team|
|Quarter and Year||Q1 2023|
|Total USD Value Requested||$29,604 USD|
Authors: Noxe,DaBoom, Andy Kaufman,Tjark (credited)
This team will focus on creating tutorials and guides for existing and potential users of PoolTogether. There have been great tutorials from users like @thumbsupfinance & Kris Kay (Defi Donut) in the past. We hope to emulate this while also updating, maintaining & translating our content. We will help crypto natives & those new to crypto find the smoothest route to go from fiat to ptUSDC. These could vary greatly between different countries and user preferences (self custody vs custodial), we hope to provide understanding which will empower users to choose the best route to deposit for them.
We hope to achieve this through providing comprehensive, structured and easy to understand tutorials as well as live support. The live support could be specific hours team members spend in the #help channel of the discord as well as private voice chats / support within the PT discord. (likely gated for privacy via roles)
The live support would resemble a more traditional product demo & onboarding experience where users can ask for assistance or receive an “onboarding tour” by booking it via calendly or similar methods. These would be designated time slots for our team members to assist them.
Our current team members include @daboom & @andykaufman & @noxe. Both Daboom & Andy have helped create the #learn-channel in discord that gives users a on the rails experience to deposit into PT. Andy helped collaborate with the Landing Party team (formerly Background Network) to create the bot while DaBoom helped fill the content and design the step-by-step guides for delegation and deposit in the #learn-channel… The same goes for the FAQ bot that is used in the #help channel, which also had community additions. @Noxe created the French substack, translated the community newsletter to French previously as well as written original articles in French and English from time to time. More recently he has helped translate the front end UI of PoolTogether V4 and maintained it. Noxe has also been hosting 1 on 1 onboarding sessions for French users!
Overall we believe this core team has the skills necessary to build out and maintain the education team.
Core Audience : Normies
Secondary Audience: PoolTogether curious & DeFi beginners
- Create a knowledge foundation of crypto for users to easily understand and use PoolTogether
- Educate users on the benefits & risks of self custody wallets, as well as pros and cons of custodial alternatives
- Encourage financial literacy and fiscal responsibility through the PT ethos
- Show the benefits of a prize savings account
Concrete milestone: Video of prize savings account vs traditional savings account → on chain vs off chain
- Utilize existing community built tools to teach new users (poolexplorer, PoolyBot etc.)
(Concrete Milestone: Update all faq-bot/scout question database and #learn channel tutorials)
- Guide users to relevant ways to participate in the community (Send them to the community team!)
Concrete milestone: Create living guide to find all existing educational material. We can design a “how are we doing” survey to live on this guide that will serve as a performance metric.
- Create & maintain guides for onboarding depositors
- Translate into relevant languages
- Detail user options for on ramps, chains and custody preferences based on their countries options
- Explore new learning tools and maintain existing ones (FAQ bot / written guides)
- As new integrations & updates go live from PT Inc. or partners our team would focus on explaining those concepts
Performance Metrics: We could focus on 3 countries / native languages initially with our educational guides. At minimum a tutorial for each country & language for each chain PoolTogether v4 is available on.
- Provide Live support for users
- Guide users within PT discord from wallet creation to deposit journey
- Allow users to book a time slot for 1:1 support over voice chat
- Remain active in the #help channel on a consistent basis
Performance Metrics: Number of questions answered/users helped during live support+end of quarter summary on 3 most common questions/topics.
Bonus goal to pursue if we deem 1-3 to be performed to our expectations:
Educate Users on how to stay safe when navigating crypto
- Create and compile information on safety & security best practices
- Infographics with a specific focus for various social channels (discord, twitter, telegram, web, etc)
- Potential workshops
- Live tests/examples
- Verifying trustable sources
For our team & collaboration:
- Community first we > me, DAO > individual, Eco System View > Ego System View
- Transparency and Openness
- Leaderful Practice Everyone shares the experience of serving as a leader collectively
For the content we create:
- No Loss, no shill, and beginner-friendly
- Promoting savings as opposed to risky investments
- Creating only positive-sum outcomes
|Role||Yearly USD Compensation||Commitment Percentage||Quarterly USDC||Quarterly POOL||Contributor||Contributor Discord|
|Onboarding Advocate||$75,000||25%||$4,043||907.79 POOL||DaBoom||DaBoom#3590|
|Onboarding Advocate||$75,000||40%||$6,469||1,452.46 POOL||AndyKaufman||AndyKaufman#1234|
|Onboarding Advocate||$75,000||50%||$8,086||1815.58 POOL||Noxe||Noxe:ocean:#1780|
We are open to additional team members to help onboard & support new users to PoolTogether
We would love to hear from community members who have created guides & educational content in the past.
The content team allows for fluid membership of contributors.
The membership can be obtained after a contributor has published ≥four high quality pieces of content. After that the contributor can be nominated by a group member and validated by three vouches.
The group membership can be removed, if:
- a member negligently misbehaves (eg acting opposed to our principles or PoolTogether’s values, causing distrust, etc.)
- a member has not participated for a month without notice
Group members will be able to allocate GIVE within the coordinape circle
The Education Team should have a quarterly budget at its disposal.
During Season 0, the Education Team will iterate on its compensation and budget policy in order to provide transparency to our contributors and help retain core talent while also ensuring budgets are being spent on work that was impactful and valuable.
Part of it is being used to fund a dedicated Coordinape circle:
- Circle operates in two-week epochs
- All team members receive the ability to distribute GIVE by default.
- Due to its small size, openness and transparency is encouraged among team members
- A mediator is assigned to facilitate fairness in the circle
The outcome of the epochs will allow us to measure the content contributors thought to be most effective. The top receivers can serve as good examples for other creators to learn from.
|Tools / Subscriptions||$200|
$5,000 dedicated Coordinape circle
$21,404 for the 3 team leaders/mediators in addition to a $5,000 coordinape circle.
We plan to organize and plan out the coordinape circle in the first 4-6 weeks before it goes live.
This would equate to about 3 epochs for the quarter (2 epochs per month), each epoch valued at ~$1,666 paid out in USDC
We will be using bounties to facilitate some integration or encourage additional community sourced tasks (fiat on ramp using moonpay as an example) as well as potentially benefit new users through means such as a gas faucet.
We will also explore using idle USDC to delegate to new users.
Currently we do not have any expenses that we are aware of. If we incur any expenses during the upcoming quarter we will request a reimbursement at a future time. We will limit this to $1000 for the quarter but do not anticipate spending that much.
Note: Token prices at time of budget request are used for standardization. For simplicity the relevant token prices are provided below.
Show the token prices used for any USD calculations.
(we rounded down the excess .83 POOL from our total compensation)
If you are interested in being a team member or coordinape contributooor let us know please!
We would also like to hold team leads accountable and emulate elected terms. More details to follow but in short we plan to have a system in place to hold members accountable.
Please let us hear any feedback, suggestions or if you have an interest to contribute!