Staking Duration

Hello everyone,
I am new here, so I apologize in advance if this is already part of the protocol or if it has already been discussed.
I joined the USDC pool recently, and I noticed that upon joining, my chances of winning are exactly:

(Tickets owned / total tickets) * prize count which is currently 5

Even though I did not join since the start, which prompt the question of whether getting your tickets early has any benefit??

Let’s take an example of 2 members with 1,000,000 USDC, one joins right at the week start, the other joins at the last minute. Now most of the prize pool was accrued by the first participant’s deposit, yet the second participant gets the exact same chances.

If this is how it currently works, then I want to suggest factoring in the time you been staking your deposit, so someone who deposits 1,000 USDC for 10 hours would have the same chances as someone who deposits 10,000 USDC for 1 hour.

Like I said, I am new to the protocol, and this might well be already how it works.
That said, I did look around but could not find anything that covers this subject, so I thought It was worth bringing up.

Thank you for reading

i like your proposal as well. the longer you stake the better odds you recieve . not sure how this would be implemented but is a good idea

The “early exit fee” which is already part of the protocol solves this problem. If someone withdraws right after depositing, they pay a fee of 1% to do so. This fee decays to 0% over 10 days. The percentage and days parameters could be changed through a governance vote.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. That pretty much answers my question.

If you have more questions like this, I suggest using the Discord instead of the governance forum. You’ll get quicker responses there. :slight_smile: