|Jan 1st, 2024
|Duration of work
|$90,000 USDC (-20,000 POOL)
We are a team of long-time high-impact contributors getting together under the umbrella of Pooltime - PoolTogether’s community-building action squad. We have been meaningfully involved in creating webs connecting people to the protocol.
- Darby is joining the team
- We’re leaning into building out the contributor fund
- We’re spearheading and contributing to several campaigns to promote PoolTogether V5, protocol incentives, and new features
- We’re increasing the cadence of content on social media & mirror
- We’re returning 20,000 POOL from previous quarters to the treasury
The PoolTogether community is often described as the prime example of Defi communities. This community needs safe spaces to get together and align. These spaces need to be responsibly maintained and kept safe.
Our team is obsessed with the vision of prize savings on the blockchain and has a track record of serving the community’s needs while adapting to them accordingly.
Our goal is to give the PoolTogether community a voice and amplify it to the maximum. PoolTogether V5 offers a lot of opportunities to talk about in 2024 - we are making sure the message gets across.
We manage and maintain PoolTogether’s community spaces, facilitate events, foster community, and empower community members to take ownership.
- Moderate community platforms & social media handles (Audience of +70k)
- Discord community support, responding to questions and requests
- Proactively combat scams and malicious actors by constantly adapting to the latest security standards
- Re-engage inactive community and determine three pain points why they haven’t used V5 yet
- Facilitate events and foster cross-community pollination
- Host weekly community calls and provide recordings for each
- Organize and conduct 6 ecosystem-focused Twitter Spaces to engage the community and discuss key developments, including integrations and collaborations as part of co-marketing efforts (Oamo, Decent, Cypher Wallet…). Average Q4 listeners: 106
- Steward the content booster program
- to attract creators to our community
- successful if we can entice 5 high-quality pieces of community-created content
- Re-launch the PoolTogether community newsletter to reactivate and re-engage our 2.3k subscribers
- Clean up docs.pooltogether.com
- Create a central collection of information for the PoolTogether ecosystem
- Provide guides for frequent community questions
Users need low-barrier entry points to the community. We adapt to PoolTogether’s current needs and create and promote smart content such as newsletters, guides, and articles. Additionally, we’ll execute innovative marketing campaigns to promote PoolTogether V5 with a focus on Optimism.
- Promote incentives, vaults, and tooling
- Increase the cadence of our social media postings from 1.5/week to 2.5/week
- Produce and release at least 4 educational blog posts highlighting key features and updates of PoolTogether V5
- Conduct a quest campaign to attract new depositors and highlight incentives
- Initiate and manage at least 6 partnership conversations, focusing on potential collaborations and integrations
- Launch two PoolTogether Layer3 quests, including a collaboration with Rainbow wallet to increase awareness of V5, expecting a minimum of 5k unique participants in each quest
- Spearhead the integration of a fiat onramp through Decent.xyz, facilitating easier access and onboarding for new users
- Coordinate the Oamo collaboration with incentives provided by Oamo, ensuring effective execution and community participation, expecting ~2.5k unique participants.
- Manage the community’s delegation budget and allocate it to campaigns
- The budget will be applied to balance the needs of community member satisfaction, incentives, and cross-community campaigning
Pooltime is building and hosting infrastructure to invite the community to run their own experiments.
- pooltime.app development and upkeep
- Including several mini apps, such as the liquidator, win booster, draw machine, prize API, and a suite of V5 bots
- Pooly bot development and upkeep
In Q4 we announced the contributor fund. We want to offer the community new sustainable ways to get involved and co-create.
- Steward the contributor fund to get more community members involved
- 2023 ended with an idea - in Q1 we want to get at least 5 community members involved
- Facilitate experiments to grow the fund
- Community-driven art projects, increased presence on Mirror, vault fee experiments, etc.
- Aim for a first distribution event at the end of Q1
In Q4 our team of three executed work in six different categories:
- Community Building & Management: We hosted weekly community calls, joined an Optimism Demo day,
- Foster Safe Spaces: We continue our streak with zero account, channel, or server takeovers and have adopted our security measures several times. We saw an uptick in fake accounts, but continue to combat these through real-time monitoring.
- Establish the Brand using Social Media Platforms: We sustained a social reach of 70,000 users across Discord, X, Lens, Mirror, and Substack. The social sentiment on PoolTogether is highly positive with few exceptions. The most asked question in Q4 was “When is PoolTogether coming to chain x?”.
- Build out Community Tooling & Dev Ops: We continued to build out the pooltime.app interface, including different tools such as Win Booster, Draw Machine, and Liquidator. We are maintaining a suite of V5 bots, built a self-claim function, and finished work on a prize API. Additionally, we have deployed a DAI vault and removed its ownership.
- Public Launch campaigning: We collaborated and rolled out social media content, blog articles, and newsletters, ranging from hundreds (Mirror & Substack) to thousands (X) of views. In collaboration with Superfluid, we hosted a hackathon to invite developers to build on PoolTogether V5.
- Redesign Contributor Rewards: We have transitioned from Coordinape and POOL distributions and started two new programs: the content booster and the contributor fund.
|Returning to treasury
In addition to this budget, we manage a delegation budget of 250,000 USDC.e on Optimism for campaigns. The Executive Team is holding custody of this budget.