PTIP-28: Filling the Polygon Pool

I do not think that Ethereum is usable for small fish. Even a five-dollar gas fee is ridiculous in my book. If i want to make a tx then it needs to be at least 500-1000$ for a 5$ fee to not be a significant percentage. Perhaps I’m just poor, but i think there are a lot of people out there like me. there have been plenty of times i wanted to make a tx with 100-200$, but i was priced out. We are potentially missing thousands of smaller players. Fees are literally pennies on polygon. there is a huge opportunity here. Also, V4 will help us aggregrate the liquidity we have across different chains, so we should do everything we can to build everywhere we can. in order to get these users we should use the tools at our disposal to acquire them. i.e. LP rewards on Sushiswap Polygon. there has to be a market for the tokens there. in order to drip tokens there, in order to acquire users.

I am in strong support of anything that grows our presence on polygon. In reply to USDT pool vs a new pool, I would be in favor of creating a new pool. preferably USDC.

here are my suggested new pool parameters:
50% reserve rate
1 Winner per day
200 POOL/day drip
80/20 split on drip to sponsorship/prize eligible depositors.
wMATIC drip goes 100% to sponsorship, or the treasury retains all wMatic (not sure on this point. what does everyone else think?)

2 Likes