PTIP-28: Filling the Polygon Pool

Maybe we could do a 100 pool drip to Polygon USDT pool. (We are currently dripping 1000 wmatic/1000$ and with current pool prize the value would stay the same)
200 pool for USDT would be double of what it is now in dollar value.
I mean, I am in that pool and would like it to be as high as possible of course ^^ But I would be fine if it stays at the current value too :slight_smile:

And maybe 75 pool to incentivize a pool/usdc LP pair.

Then we could look and maybe make a wmatic pool with aave yield with a 50 pool drip or if possible a quick pool with cream as yield with 50 pool and some incentivize from quickswap as a partnership. ( I guess we all are in favor of partnership pools like we did with Sushi and Badger :slight_smile: )

The future with v4 will be one pool for everyone regardless which layer but until then I guess this would be a good compromise :slight_smile:

Btw. If we enable a 50% reserve rate on the USDT Polygon pool we have to look at the current sponsorship/pool prize ratio.

Itā€˜s currently better to deposit into the sponsorship and with 50% less prize it would be even worse for the pool prize.

I think the sooner this PTIP passes, the better, because the wmatic drip will run out and I would like to get some pool on Polygon as long as it is cheap and the buyback didnā€˜t start :slight_smile: After getting some pool I would then Lping myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just my thoughts about Pooltogether on polygonā€¦ btw iā€™m using polygon everyday and iā€™m a POOL holder tooā€¦

1. I will flip USDT pool for an USDC pool: just to lower the ā€œriskā€ of usdt exposure in case of an usdt dollar peg failureā€¦ which worry me a bit

2. if POOL holders on polygon cannot vote then i donā€™t see reason to drip POOL thereā€¦ Same apply to LPs

3. I will revert the sponsorship incentivize on USDC(refer to point 1) pool and move it all to winner only

I will sell the POOL that you want to drip to polygon (pool, lping, ā€¦) and move the fund to the sponsorship USDC(refer to point 1) pool
OR
I will move cash from reserve on Ethereum to reserve on polygon

1 Like

Fun Fact btw.:
5 out of 10 small fish winners are on Polygon :slight_smile:
https://www.smallfish.win/

1 Like

I agree we should add some POOL drip to the Polygon pool. However, why are we reducing rewards for Uniswap LPs?

Liquidity is great now, and if itā€™s going well, why change it? Donā€™t really get the logic. Not like 300 a day is a lot anyway.

Liquidity is great but volume is maxing out at 50K per day. The main argument I saw is that we are giving out more POOL than needed given the volume. Thatā€™s a tricky one to get bang on though. Maybe reallocating some to sushi would be another idea. Someone looking to buy a large amount could also use an aggregator like 1inch as well.

1 Like

I think those of us who use Polygon are really keen to see new pools. There has been some clarification that this doesnā€™t necessarily need to wait for V4 because migration costs for depositors are practically non-existent.

I think we should re-incentivize the DAI pool and launch a new QUICK pool.

QUICK

• This assumes we can use CREAM on Polygon even though it is not included currently in the builder
  • The rate for QUICK on CREAM right now is 60%
  • Lots of interest in having a non-stable asset pool on Polygon
  • Quickswap has been generous enough to incentivize the WETH/POOL LP

DAI

• We have been using USDT for itā€™s higher yield (interest and rewards) on Aave. USDT has averaged 5% over 3 months and DAI 3.2%
  • The market for DAI on Aave is over 4x that of USDT
  • The expectation for returns on DAI are lower. Which means higher deposit total for our drip. Look at USDC vs DAI on mainnet for an example.
  • My hypothesis is that increased TVL per POOL balance out the lower yield, generating equivalent or even greater prizes. Example: USDT sponsorship APR currently 12%. If DAI APR settles at 8% the difference in Aave rates is negated.
  • Who likes USDT? Our audience is limited by focusing on a controversial asset. I think we want new eyes and new depositors.

Unknowns

• LP incentives? How will the Quickswap LP incentives be? Do we need to add to that? Is there still a partnership with SUSHI in the works?
  • What is the function of POOL on Polygon outside of speculation? Without the ability to vote and without a pPOOL the utility is limited to LPing and speculating on price. Does this result in mostly farm and dump of POOL?
  • Personally I would even be more supportive over USDC than DAI but is that being saved for V4 excitement?

Proposal

• Let the USDT pool incentives end
  • Incentivize DAI with 100 POOL per day
  • Build QUICK pool with CREAM yield source and 50 POOL per day drip

I have been using the USDT pool and sponsorship since day 1 and would be happy for it to be replaced by DAI. My thinking is to keep total emissions on Polygon (150 POOL per day) less than the cut of LP rewards on mainnet (200 POOL per day). At least for now, this is over a 50% expansion from our current setup and should carry us to V4. I think that migration (USDT to DAI) on Polygon is a good thing, itā€™s engagement. Letā€™s go with what we believe in, itā€™s not USDT, there is good reason it is not eligible for collateral on Aave.

4 Likes

Quickswap has added an LP reward of 2 QUICK/day to POOL/ETH now. That should be enough in terms of liquidity for now. If Sushiswap wants to incentivize POOL LPs on Polygon too, that would be great.

Iā€™d be supportive of a QUICK pool. Quickswapā€™s Tyler has said they want to have a pool for their community. I think we could probably even get some extra QUICK from them to use as drip in the pool.

2 Likes

Should we create a new thread to lay out new parameters? this thread has become quite extensive.

Yes a new PTIP would need to be created for this, the requirements have markedly changed.

Quickswap is biggest exchange in Polygon land. No reason to favor sushi over quickswap Both should be equal. Quick is already providing quick rewards so that should encourage tem to keep providing quick rewards . Polygon people want polygon project exposure . If they are there they are more bullish on Polygon.

1 Like