with Season 3 of Optimism Token House coming to a close I’d like to share a quick update about Token House Governance and the PoolCollective’s current doings. There is a lot so I’ll try to keep it short and provide you with links to learn more about each topic.
We are currently in the Reflection Period , before heading into Special Voting Cycle #12a (April 27th - May 10th). You’ll find all important dates at the bottom of this post.
See below our votes during Cylce 11 of Season 3:
Protocol Delegation Program
Currently the PoolCollective is currently receiving a delegation of about 250k OP from the Optimism Foundation through the Protocol Delegation Program. The Delegations are awarded based on a protocol’s gas consumption during a season. Sadly we don’t qualify for S4 based on PoolTogether’s gas fees in S3.
More here: https://gov.optimism.io/t/protocol-delegation-program-renewal/5883
“In recognition of the important contributions of Token House delegates, the Foundation will retroactively reward active delegates from Season 3.”
The PoolCollective qualifies for these! We are receiving 2250 OP in retroactive rewards for Season 3.
Special Voting Cycle 12a
- Protocol Delegation Program Renewal: The Token House will vote to approve the final season of this program which enables the Foundation to delegate to active protocols in the Optimism ecosystem
- Collective Intent Budgets: The Token House will vote to approve each proposed Intent Budget
- Grants Council Renewal: The Token House will vote vote to renew the Grants Council by approving the budget proposal for Intent #2, which is to be overseen by the Council. Delegates are effectively electing the Council Lead that has authored an approved proposal.
Season 4 will kick off with Voting Cycle #13 on June 8th.
Expected proposals for this circle:
- Propose Missions : Request Governance Fund support for initiatives aligned with the Collective Intents
- Apply to accept Foundation Missions (RFPs): More RFPs will be added between now and June 7th. > Applications must be submitted by June 27th. Foundation Missions (RFPs) will be processed during the voting period
- Regular Grants Cycle (if Council is renewed)
- [Any other valid non-grant proposals]
Season 4 is introducing several new foundational concepts. All of these are taking learning from the Collective DAO Archives.
The most important concepts are Intends, Missions, and Alliances.
- Intends = directional goals
- Missions = specific initiatives aimed at achieving one of the Intents; replacing a trad. working group structure
- Alliances = groups of contributors that temporarily work together to accomplish a Mission start-to-finish
You can dive into the full framework here: https://gov.optimism.io/t/guide-to-season-4-as-a-collective/5886
The intends are as follows:
The 3rd intend is still to be determined by the community. Learn moe about the Intends
and help finding the last one.
Token House Missions
As an alternative to the traditional working group structure, Missions are introduced to support specific initiatives aligned with the Intents.
There are two types of Missions:
- Proposed Missions
- Foundation Missions (RFPs)
Learn more about the Missions here.
Alliances are groups of contributors that execute Missions. Alliances can submit proposals based on Collective Trust Tiers.
These are the expected timelines (subject to change):
- April 13th - April 26th: Reflection Period (2 weeks)
- April 27th - May 10th: Special Voting Cycle #12a (2 weeks)
- May 11th - May 17th: Grants Council Reviewer self-nominations (1 week)
- Contingent on Special Voting Cycle #12a
- If the Grants Council is not renewed, this period will be used as a review period for the other proposals scheduled for Special Voting Cycle #12b
- May 18th - May 31st: Special Voting Cycle #12b (2 weeks)
- Council Reviewer Elections
- Treasury Appropriations (annual Foundation budget approval)
- June 1st-June 7th: Grants Council grace period to publish/update internal operating procedures
- Contingent on Special Voting Cycle #12a
- If the Grants Council is not renewed, this period will be used as a rest/preparation period for Season 4
- June 8th: Season 4 starts with Voting Cycle #13 and continues through Voting Cycle #15, ending on September 20th
- Proposed Mission will be submitted and voted on in Cycle #13
Delegate to the PoolCollective
Are you holding $OP tokens? Delegate your voting power to the PoolCollective!