RFC: Optimism Governance Committee
We are looking to contribute to Optimism governance by creating a governance committee under the address poolcollective.eth.
Furthermore we are suggesting to activate and delegate the earned $OP held by the PoolTogether treasury to our multi-sig.
- Collective of poolers will actively participate in Optimism token house governance
- Voting happens through poolcollective 2/3 multi-sig
- Delegate voting power of treasury $OP to poolcollective.eth
- the $OP earned by the protocol
- not the OP incentives received from Optimism Foundation
The committee will release a report for every voting cycle on Optimism governance for full transparency.
The main motivations for this experiment are to:
- Signal PoolTogether’s dedication to the broader Optimism ecosystem
- Capture otherwise possibly lost voting power from the community and treasury $OP and therefore contribute to the health of OP governance and the Optimistic vision
- Learn from the process of meta governance and apply learnings to PoolTogether
So far the committee consists of three members. If other Poolers are interested in joining us in achieving the optimistic vision driven by PoolTogether’s values, please voice your interest here or reach out to me via Discord.
I’d love to hear your feedback and thoughts on this!
Do you support delegating the voting power of our earned treasury $OP to an Optimism Governance Committee?
- Only after further refinement
Off-chain Snapshot vote is up!
Polygon POOL & Polygon pPOOL is eligible to vote!
In addition to the outstanding members listed above, I’d like to nominate @tim to be on this committee. If he is interested, I think having someone as connected to everything defi as he is, in conjunction with the three members listed above, would make a great team.
would love to see us active in OP governance!
Update on our Optimism Governance Collective:
If you hold $OP tokens you can delegate them to us.
- Go to Optimism Gateway
- Click “delegate to anyone”
The PoolCollective stepped into action for the first time in Optimism governance cycle #6.
The collective voted as follows:
Cycle 7 officially began Sep 29th. It’s structured into three weeks:
Community and Delegate Feedback (Sep 29-Oct 6)
Committee Review (Oct 6-13)
Voting (Oct 13-20)
Any questions? Let us know!
Interested community members are invited to participate in the collective or join our discussions. You can find us in #poolcollective on Discord.
Have a look at our Notion page to learn more about the PoolCollective.
In our second cycle on Optimism token house governance, we voted on behalf of 19 delegators with 58k $OP (0.26% of votable supply).
11 out of 14 proposals passed in Cycle #7.
Unfortunately, six of the votes haven’t been counted on Snapshot due to a Safe bug in batch execution.
Community and Delegate Feedback (Oct 20-Oct 27)
Committee Review (Oct 27-Nov 3)
Voting (Nov 3-10)
The proposals that will go to Snapshot for Cycle 8 can be found in the Voting Cycle Roundup.
Cycle 8 will officially end season 2 for Optimism token house governance.
It will be followed by:
- an Off-Season (Nov 10-16)
- a Reflection Period (Nov 16-30)
before going into a special voting cycle to vote on Committees.
- Reach out in #poolcollective
- Check out Notion
- Delegate your $OP to the PoolCollective