PoolCollective: Optimism Governance Committee

RFC: Optimism Governance Committee

Summary

We are looking to contribute to Optimism governance by creating a governance committee under the address poolcollective.eth.

Furthermore we are suggesting to activate and delegate the earned $OP held by the PoolTogether treasury to our multi-sig.

Abstract

• Collective of poolers will actively participate in Optimism token house governance
  • Voting happens through poolcollective 2/3 multi-sig
  • Delegate voting power of treasury $OP to poolcollective.eth
    • the $OP earned by the protocol
    • not the OP incentives received from Optimism Foundation

The committee will release a report for every voting cycle on Optimism governance for full transparency.

Motivation

The main motivations for this experiment are to:

• Signal PoolTogether’s dedication to the broader Optimism ecosystem
  • Capture otherwise possibly lost voting power from the community and treasury $OP and therefore contribute to the health of OP governance and the Optimistic vision
  • Learn from the process of meta governance and apply learnings to PoolTogether

Committee Members

So far the committee consists of three members. If other Poolers are interested in joining us in achieving the optimistic vision driven by PoolTogether’s values, please voice your interest here or reach out to me via Discord.

I’d love to hear your feedback and thoughts on this!

Poll

Do you support delegating the voting power of our earned treasury $OP to an Optimism Governance Committee?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Only after further refinement

0 voters

Edit:

Off-chain Snapshot vote is up!
Polygon POOL & Polygon pPOOL is eligible to vote!

Please vote:
https://snapshot.org/#/pooltogether.eth/proposal/0x1692f540b042dc0063a2f54e8e11de6f6205c4e77c865485718be121d9522ec8

2 Likes

In addition to the outstanding members listed above, I’d like to nominate @tim to be on this committee. If he is interested, I think having someone as connected to everything defi as he is, in conjunction with the three members listed above, would make a great team.

3 Likes

would love to see us active in OP governance!

Off-chain Snapshot vote is up!
Polygon POOL & Polygon pPOOL is eligible to vote!

Please vote:
https://snapshot.org/#/pooltogether.eth/proposal/0x1692f540b042dc0063a2f54e8e11de6f6205c4e77c865485718be121d9522ec8

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: PoolCollective Updates