Win Factor Value

At this time only the amount of tickets is the only factor that calculates the chance of winning… this makes it easy for whales to reap big rewards each time in almost every draw… :roll_eyes:

Now I have an idea to make a scale of winning fairer for everyone :smiley:
And that makes it more interesting for people to join PoolTogether :partying_face: (more win change in the longer term)

The Idea and solution

Let’s say everyone starts at 50% of their tickets are eligible for the price
now they win. In the next round their total amount of working/active tickets (for the win chance is lowered) by 10%, although it can also be 1% or 5% I personally think 5% is the best
And this is repeated each time they win. And if they lose they get 10%

For example, a player won 2 times after each other
50 - (5x2) = 40%
so the player’s active tickets are only 40% of their ticket total ticket amount

But what if the person still wins if their value is then 10% or 5% ? Maybe making a 1/2 split each time…… 10, 5, 2.5, 1.75 0.875 and then 0,4375 and further and further

And still the whales will have more chance to win than the average other user.

Now if they didn’t win their win chance is added again with 1% or 5% depending on the choice and if it’s under 10% or not… if it’s under 10% then doubled one time. Or just reset to the 10%

Also, it is an idea to have people need to build up their win factor each time when they enter a pool (more loyalty to the pool)

and to make it unique to each user (no multiple addresses) that want to abuse the system I suggest looking at BrightID I explain a bit in this post

Also, the other post I made is interesting for creating pools for people with less wealth or who just started with some requirements and restrictions.

This is what I have in mind. I would love to hear from people what they think of it.
It’s just to make it possible to have fair multiple winners. And no repeating winners in a dynamic system while keeping big players still have a higher chance to win then lower

quick note I call whales big players and not investors… since this is a saving game and not a saving investment :wink:

Yours sincerely,

Richard Jansma
Empowering the vision and possibilities of everyone and anything
RichardJansma.nl & RichardJ.nl
ETH: 0xa9196E531aE237B3edFE0B10299932CfD5dd494B
Opensea: RichardJansma

This type of idea has been brought up many times. Please refer here: Prevent winning all prizes in a pool

1 Like

That’s not fully the same, although it has the purpose. I just state my idea here in this post and hope to create a broad view.

And some other way to create the whole system fairer using a factor that companies the ticket amount… with also a way to lower win chances for someone that won (it’s against whale and opportunity aimers)

I have seen many posts and hope to help out with an open view and create a full solution

Yours sincerely,

Richard Jansma

1 Like

Why wouldn’t the whale just withdraw his winnings and use a different address ? Also you are assuming a zero sum game here where participants don’t leave. If someone that previously won left the increased odd of someone that didn’t win wouldn’t be compensated by the previous winner that left.

1 Like

I’m assuming scenarios and find possible solutions.

And the thing I try to add is a way to add a penalty to winning and a way to create a way to increase ODS that supports loyalty.

Which in terms make the whole system more fair

I also think about creating a way to have addresses unique as stated in this other post. i forgot to add it in this post (i have added it now thanks for adressing it to me)

Yours sincerely,

Richard Jansma

1 Like

I think if you bake scaling into individual drawings that might be a little smoother. It seems unfair to the whale who brought in the most interest added to the pool to limit their win chance indefinitely. However, in an x-winner prize pool perhaps reducing the Grand Prize winners chance by some factor like 1/x and Runner-up Prize winners by a factor like 1/2x for weekly drawings could be intriguing. The following week their chances would resume at their full ticket value.

IE:
Week 1, 3-winner prize pool, someone has 1000 tickets, they win the grand prize, their tickets for the remaining runner-up prizes are reduced to 667 (1000-1000 x 1/3). They win a runner-up, ticket for the final runner up are reduced to 500 (667-1000 x 1/6)
Week 2, all 1000 tickets + whatever was added from the prizes are active for the drawing.

It’s all a weird line to walk, we want to encourage whales in order to draw in as much interest both monetarily- and protocol-wise. We want to respect the chances of winning for all persons, but on an individual wallet basis prevent it from skewing to a whales always win game or a wallet proliferation win game.

1 Like

I look at overall fairness and giving everyone a chance. It’s a savings game not an investment.
Key factors are that the address must win and not tickets associated by the address.
So only one winning address and follow up is someone unique (proven by a verification)

And a way to stop winning each time by the same person.

Yes individual drawings is an idea I have since another post

It is about making a new kind of pool.

Also, I think the win factor is the best… for overall… since its only meant to make it so that people can not reek in awards after each other each time

For example.
If a player wins it is -x% and when they didn’t win its just +x% until its 100%

when a player just joins their tickets can start at a base value of 50% (for loyalty it increases each draw)

This makes it fair. And dynamic.

The only thing that must be considered is the amount and way to implement it.

It can also be done for specific pools. But if its being added in overall it is more fair and gives more people chance.

i really dont understand that because for real it will always be that the whales have more chance to win. even when its more fair. it can also be that it just resets the amount to certain if its below a cap.
it must be a game… and not a way of earning/investment

Yours sincerely,

Richard Jansma

1 Like

Interesting proposal to be elaborated on.