RFC: What Is The PoolTogether DAO?

What is the PoolTogether DAO?

To me the DAO always was the sum of all formal working groups and people that contribute to the protocol (taking action governance, doing meaningful work, voting on proposals).

It is the group of people that take action in governance and govern the protocol with the POOL token as its governance token.

What protocol and governance mean in our context have been defined before:

What is missing?

What we lack is articulating and manifesting our Mission & Values (1 & 2), our structures and accountabilities. They are not undefined - they already exist. For structures and accountabilities, I think we can do more to get in sync.
A legal wrapper for the DAO is something that is missing, too. I believe @Leighton has done work in that direction.

I fully agree that now is the time to make a move and wrap some of these up!

The beauty of blockchain is that it actually doesn’t need the app. Users can deposit and withdraw via SmartContract - even if the website would go offline.

Right now users could also deposit via Orange Wallet, Atlantis World, and soon Zerion.

I believe Zapper and Coinbase could unlock lots of additional users, too, if they integrated PoolTogether deposits (and Prize Notifications).

Yes - 100%!