[RFC] Continue the Polygon POOL Pool?

Hey everyone, Lonser here,
as some of you know 3 months ago I made a gov post about the Polygon POOL Pool and if we want to fund it with a weekly prize of 50 POOL through Grants.

There was enough support and so Grants funded it and I awarded and refilled it every Saturday and posted a weekly update in the Discord.
Here the Award tx where you can see the winners:
12 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 09.07.
11 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 02.07.
10 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 25.06.
9 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 18.06.
8 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 11.06.
7 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 04.06.
6 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 28.05.
5 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 21.05.
4 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 14.05.
3 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 07.05.
2 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 30.04.
1 Polygon PoS Chain Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | PolygonScan 23.04.

Now the 3 months are over and the question is: Do we still want to keep it running?
First I wasn’t even sure if I want to make this Gov post because I wasn’t sure if there is enough support in continuing it and I’m personally OK with both.
After chatting with @underthesea @Tjark and @DaBoom in the Discord, it seems at least some people want to continue it and tbh I would also like to continue it ^^

I’m a big supporter of the Polygon POOL Pool and here are some arguments why I think it is worth continuing the Polygon POOL Pool:

• People being able to vote with it through snapshot (Snapshot), thx to PTIP-60 (Snapshot)
  • People bought it during the NFT mission (https://pooltogether.com/pool-party )
  • The Polygon Uniswap POOL liquidity experiment went very successfull as far as I know
  • The Polygon POOL Pool is very popular, it went from 30k in deposits to over 60k in 3 months
  • Giving people a place to store their POOL while experiencing the fun of weekly prizes
  • Our main contributors and all small holders are on Polygon
  • The POOL amount is very small, over 3 months we are only talking about 1200 POOL

The funds would like last time come from Grants, the Polygon POOL Pool grew quite a bit in popularity since I started maintaining it 3 months ago. We went from 30k in total deposits to now over 60k in deposits. At the same time people lost a good amount when looking current USD$ value of POOL. So I think it could make sense to increase the weekly Polygon POOL Pool prize to 100 POOL per week. So 100 POOL per week, over 3 months, 1200 POOL total.
I want to emphasize, I know, the current Polygon POOL Pool is only a band aid till something better comes. I would really love having a V4 style PPOOL with a big POOL grand prize and being excited who wins it. We could also combine that with some form of vesting schedule! I unfortunately can’t make that one, I can only offer to continue the current PPOOL (until there is something better).

Do you support Grants funding the Polygon POOL with a weekly 100 POOL prize over 3 months?
  • YES
  • NO
0 voters
3 Likes

Thanks for getting this up! I fully support continuing the pool, but I’m not in favor of increasing to 100. The market is down, bad and so is our treasury. I support targeted increases for contributors to make up for market conditions (i.e more coordinape pool) but I see the community ppool as a novelty that represents how pooltogether works while temporarily housing our governance power.

I would vote yes if it remained at 50. Thanks Lonser

1 Like

It’s not that I’m absolutely against the Polygon POOL. I just don’t think that it’s necessary or it’s giving any real value to be honest.

So personally, I would not continue with it in its current form.

Thanks for starting the conversation, @Lonser!
I am for continuing the POOL pool on Polygon until we have another, more engaging solution. Currently, we have no immediate alternatives for keeping token holders engaged.

The costs are very low (previously 50 POOL a week) and since we wound down many other incentives I would vouch for increasing the POOL amount to 100 as you suggest. Overall the pool still keeps growing completely without app integration.

Thx everyone for the comments and feedback!
It seems other people also want to continue the Polygon POOL Pool or are at least „not totally against it“.

So I applied for a Grant and it already got accepted. We now got the funds to continue the Polygon POOL Pool for 3 more months with a weekly 50 POOL prize!
Thx everyone!

3 Likes

Happy to hear this! I’m a big fan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you consider that deposits went from 30k in deposits to over 60k in 3 months?

I’m totally for 100 POOL a week

I would also change the number of winners from 30 to 50

3 Likes