Forming the PoolTogether Marketing Working Group

First of all: thanks to everyone who put in effort and work so far. Lots of good work has been done here already. I agree that 2022 is the year of scale for the protocol as for the DAO.

I feel the expectations are still not fully clear. What does the community think the group should do? What does the group think they will do? It seems there are a lot of different opinions on this as per now, and we need align those better.

Besides that there are 4 more aspects to me, which are also dependent

• There was no “origin” project to prove the group’s worth
  • Most members of the group are relatively new to the community
  • The initial budget seems to high
  • Group’s structure is not yet finalised

Form what I observe at other DAOs there are a few things we can do, to support the formation of new working groups & committees in future. Some of this has been done, others are notable learnings for myself:

• Start the process early
  • Build in the open
  • Ask questions before giving answers
  • Share thoughts & work regularly
  • Find your “market”
  • Collaborate with other committees & trusted community members
  • Expect problems & ideas to change (that’s what a process is for)
  • We’re international - keep it as simple as possible, but as detailed as it has to be

Every committee & working group has iterated on their proposals many times and I believe all of them came to success in the end. It looks like everyone who replied to this thread is generally in favour of a Marketing Working Group - so am I.

There is a lot we can learn for the formation of working groups and committees. I’d like to take this as a chance to create a “best practice” to be able to guide others in the future. It feels like there is also a lot of room for the DAO to better support the process.

Edit:
One thing I forgot to mention: I like the idea about employing someone to work on that full-time, as @Leighton presented.
Growing talent within the DAO seems to be really important for the future success.

5 Likes