Direction for PoolTogether + POOL Tokenomics

Absolutely agree, Brendan. The other ideas were just an aside for now, but growth is the goal for us. On the Vote Escrow note: allowing users to direct emissions via a gauge would be efficient. mStable has been doing this, and it’s been very effective! But the different, for now at least, is that MTA emissions are directed by community members and Curve has additional products built on top that have turned CRV into a product unto itself.

While it might be efficient, I’m not sure it’s priority #1. Making governance accessible is high on the list, but onboarding new Poolies is still #1 in my mind. We agree on the what but perhaps not on the how.

Driving growth in the USDC pool is important, but I also think allowing for USDT, USDC, and DAI deposits into one prize pool would help us grow TVL faster than we’re currently able to achieve. Currently, we have ~2.136% of all USDC on Polygon deposited into PoolTogether. Of all USDC in circulation, there is ~2.302% on Polygon. To achieve $100m in TVL on Polygon, we’d need ~8.751% of all USDC on Polygon deposited into V4.

Allowing users to deposit the three most well established stablecoins into PoolTogether V4 would help us drive growth in TVL and revenue. By using an underlying yield source like mStable, we could increase APY and have the functionality to provide rewards in the deposit of choice. I’m still working on an outline of how that would work/benefit PT, but I’m sure there are technical aspects I’m overlooking/discounting with this approach.

I’m looking forward to hearing the things you are working on, and I’m glad we’re aligned on direction. The priorities aspect is what we all still need to iron out. Thank you for the response, ser :pray: :ocean: :trophy:

4 Likes