A Change of the Life Guards

Happy to add a few highlights that haven’t been mentioned yet! Feels like traveling through time.

Thanks to this community I’ve made countless acquaintances. A good number of these have turned into friendships. Some community milestones from the top of my head:

All our events

Weekly swim meets, onboarding calls, the book club, game nights, the deep end, and many more. We’ve always had fun events! I liked it most when someone new got around and offered to host.

PoolStreaks

The daily prediction game hosted by @DaBoom! I had so much fun over many seasons and am still impressed by the quality of the questions.

Collaborating on the community newsletter

I started the newsletter out of necessity. So much was happening around PoolTogether that people couldn’t follow. At its peak, our little newsletter was translated into six languages: Chinese, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, and Hindi.

Receiving my first DAO grant

10-15 editions into the newsletter, POOL Grants proactively reached out to me. “We gotta talk”. I was offered my very first grant from a DAO. I was hesitant at first but we agreed on a deal that would also include @SmartInvestor.

Valentine’s Day with PoolTogether

The gang got together to create a marketing campaign from start to finish.
Under the theme of “No Loss, No Heartbreak” we sent PoolTogether’s Cupid on a mission to spread the love with his loaded Valentine’s Day NFTs. Participants won 400k in delegations.

No Loss Donations

A war broke out and Ukraine was under attack. Still in shock, during one of our swim meets, we brainstormed a way of using PoolTogether to support those affected by the war. A first version was rolled out before the call ended, thanks to @dylan. Poolers from all levels of the community got involved and helped as they could.

steth.win

Using PoolTogether for good has always been top of mind for Poolers.
With stETH.win we had a fully-fledged community project with contributions by @drcpu, @underthesea, @BraveNewDeFi, @TheRealTuna, and @Lonser amongst others. We created lots of positive news for all of PoolTogether and collected several ETH for good causes.

The Other Internet Report

The PoolTogether community was the subject of an essay by Other Internet. Lots of beautiful lore in there!

And lots more:

• Traveling to Amsterdam on my own to meet @AndyKaufman, @gabor, and @Torgin
  • Hearing all the positive stories on social media
  • Getting airdrops
  • Streaming Sessions with @tim
  • Pods by @kamescg , Poolexplorer and countless cool builds by @underthesea, data by sharingnotes, dune dashboards by @sarfang, Poolygotchi, the Pool Builder, insane 3,3 together prizes, …
4 Likes