RFC: Poolers NFT Project

Introduction

I want to get feedback if the community would approve of this Poolers Project in its entirety. We need to move quick with this project, therefore, I’m looking for a grant to kickstart this project so we can have $SWIM Points ready by March 21, 2023. Also, so we can start working on the Poolers project in general. From there I will create a TBR for the Poolers team for Q2 2023 for the remainder of funding.

This was suggested by the grants team, lest approving the initial kickstart grant with the community not approving the future TBR.

Project Overview

Poolers is an NFT project that will launch alongside the PoolTogether Hyperstructure. Users will be able to mint Poolers, choose attributes, and unlock the attributes over time by holding a deposit in PoolTogether. Swim Points ($SWIM) will be the basis token of Poolers, needed to mint and level up Poolers.

Deliverables

• Poolers Web App to mint, level up, and burn Poolers
  • Poolers on-chain SVG NFT system using Friends of Pooly’s ERC721K framework
  • SWIM Points ERC20 contract

User Experience

1. The user goes to the Pooler app and mints a new Pooler using their $SWIM Points. The new Pooler starts with a ‘naked’ base and background.
  2. The user can unlock traits on their Pooler using $SWIM Points
  3. The variant of the unlocked trait is randomly assigned to the Pooler when unlocked
  4. The user can ‘re-roll’ to be randomly be assigned a new variant of that trait, which cost $SWIM Points
  5. The user can burn their Pooler NFT (“set free”) which rewards them with $SWIM Points
  6. The user unlocks new traits with points, and the Pooler updates

Cost

The total budget for the development of this project is $61,500.

Details

More details are outlined here: Poolers Proposal

Snapshot

Please vote here: Snapshot

6 Likes

Adding a governance poll here:

TITLE: Poolers NFT Project

DESC: This is a temp check snapshot vote for the development of the Poolers NFT Project in its entirety.

Project Overview

Poolers is an NFT project that will launch alongside the PoolTogether Hyperstructure. Users will be able to mint Poolers, choose attributes, and unlock the attributes over time by holding a deposit in PoolTogether. $SWIM will be the basis token of Poolers, needed to mint and level up Poolers. DISCUSSION: RFC: Poolers NFT Project

• For
  • Against
  • Abstain

0 voters

1 Like

I love the concept but have voted against on the proposal in it’s current form. I feel the budget is quite high for what is being offered. I would like to see more gamification built into this, either a game where holders compete for yield or some other finacial aspect included. NFT’s associated with Pooltogether have become a bit diluted and would like this to be something more than just having fun with NFT’s. Would love to see more discussion and could see myself supporting this in the near future with some tweaks.

1 Like

I’m very skeptical about NFT project’s and reading past grants :PoolGrants
I see that your project is expensive compared to other and watching the result of Chances Cards don’t really help to give confidences on spending more into NFTs projects/promises

Did you consider asking the Grant team?

As alluded to in the Intro, I am looking for a grant to kickstart this project which will cover milestone 1 and start milestone 2. Grants does support this but wanted me to make this post to get community feedback if the community would be in support of the project as a whole. Grants doesn’t want to fund the initial part and then the TBR get rejected by the DAO.

2 Likes

I think the simplicity of unlocking traits based on holding a deposit aligns with the PoolTogether mantra. The more complicated we make the gamification, the less interest it derives and subsequently maintains. The protocol aims (or used to aim) at simply saving money with an added bonus of prizes. A side game like this that remains simple but includes NFTs seems like a great idea. I would vote yes for the entirety of the project.

1 Like

At first I was against this due to what seemed like an arbitrary ERC-20 token. With further discussions & learning that’s no longer the case.

I think this opens up a lot of potential here. It might be out of scope for this particular phase but this could be a good way to work in the prevalent idea of getting other NFT communities to deposit part of their treasury into PoolTogether. Whether that’s through targeted delegation “airdrops” to members of that community to almost force the hand of the project to take us serous or rewarding outside users with SWIM points to engage with PT / these NFTs.

This has been something I have had interest in for a long time in regards to helping NFT community treasury deposits becoming the “norm”

1 Like