Reaching $1 Billion deposited value!

I like the idea of new pools!
But in order to incentivize them with POOL, we should reduce the existing yield farming rates on DAI, USDC, COMP and UNI. We need to come up with some sort of system.

It could look something like this:
In total, there is always X POOL/day distributed for yield farming.
This is split among all governance pools, so if one is added, all others need to be reduced proportionally.

There could be a multiplier for different types of pools. For example: Stablecoins get 5x allocation. (since they embody the spirit of no-loss.)
Or coins get a multiplier based on how much interest they are generating in their yield source.

For example USDC currently gets 11% interest on Compound, while UNI gets 1% interest.
This would incentivize depositing assets according to their cashflow, which can be captured by the protocol to increase its value.

I like the interest route, but it would need to be kept up to date every so often, and if yield sources other than Compound are added, we would need to adjust for extra risk if those yield sources use riskier strategies.

X could be set to something around 2200 POOL/day to put us in line with other protcols, as I have eluded to here:

We need to keep in mind that we need some left for POOL pool, and maybe other ways of distributing POOL, like @gabor’s Extraordinary Airdrop to Governance Participants

4 Likes