Proposal: Incentivized LP Farming for Tickets:(DAI/USDC/UNI/COMP)

The cost to enter and exit from tickets is pretty costly, if there was incentives in $POOL tokens to LP contributors to a Uniswap or Balancer pool it would allow for a high degree of liquidity for the pairs, reducing entrance and exit costs.

There is talk about yearn vaults entering into the lottery at scale and I think that a good competitor to them is a passive liquidity pool that yearn will itself eventually use as liquidity for its farming rails.

This allows a liquid lottery so that the LP pool becomes the probailistic winner as it trends > time as more people will stake into the pool and then also provide liquidity, so its as though there is always a large player in the game, the house.

Once ample liquidity has been established feeā€™s from entrances and exits through this pool will out weigh what is distributed in pool in feeā€™s alone and still be cheaper than unwrapping the underlying asset, at this time larger players are entering and exiting frequently.

Feedback welcome, iā€™d love to figure out how we fund someone to study the cost and weight of this proposal as I lack the means to do so myself.

What do you think?

I had a similar thought but for different reasons. To me there is little incentive to play the lottery because I can earn income passively in other ways. If a portion of the interest earned were distributed back to all longer term pool participants it would, IMO, draw more people into the games. Be it in the form of POOL tokens somehow or just taking some portion of the interest earned and giving it back to those who pooled their tokens (e.g. 5% of the interest in a given pool is distributed to to all who have played the game for at least 4-5 consecutive sessions) I think it would enhance more users to join. Instead of making it a lossless lottery, make it a guaranteed gain lottery.

1 Like

Agreed. Two things:

1). Functionally this already happens, as all depositors receive POOL tokens

2). You should follow the discussion on the ā€œreserveā€ Perpetual Growth. Two important mechanics of theā€¦ | by Leighton Cusack | PoolTogether | Mar, 2021 | Medium