I as well would like to throw my hat into the ring - especially it would be an honor to apply with these other community leaders.
Please consider my application for reviewer for the PoolTogether Grants Committee.
Describe your involvement in the PoolTogether ecosystem?
Several years ago, I first learned about PoolTogether with v1 (DAI deposit tickets were $20). I put money into a pool along with a couple of my family members. Over that period of time, I remained behind the scenes reaching out to PoolTogether, Inc a couple of times to see if there was anything I could do to assist via Discord. After the airdrop at the beginning of 2021, I changed my approach to “I’m here to help” and directly asked Pooltogether Inc “what were the biggest challenges for PoolTogether?” They came back with “Organizing the community”.
When I decided to actively participate in the community, I chose not to be a delegate. I learn quickly, so I decided to enable and empower others to submit proposals for the community. My first action in the community was to delegate my POOL tokens to a delegate and start learning about the process of participating in the PoolTogether community. I took it upon myself at the time to first understand the delegate system with PoolTogether. There was no easy way to track the delegates, so I created a PoolTogether delegate tracking board. I wanted a way to see who could actually submit a proposal (i.e. over 10,000 POOL tokens delegated).
For the PoolTogether Community, so far I have:
- Participated in developing and writing the first PoolTogether NFT proposal in the governance forum with @gabor
- Participated in Discord discussions, Governance forum posts and PTIP voting.
- Developed the concept of a Swim Meet, worked with the community to establish the communication channels and implemented our weekly Swim Meet meetings.
- Purchased, built and registered the pooltogether.finance and notion.so initial pages and donated them to the community.
- Many individual meetings with community members and PoolTogether Inc employees to learn about their needs and where they need help.
- Reached out to several communities including Argent, Zapper, RabbitHole, FEI, Uniswap and many more including getting presentations from community members and researching their community models to help the PoolTogether community.
I would have never been able to accomplish any of these things if it wasn’t for the support of all the community members! The list is endless and too long to post here.
What skills/experience do you bring to the committee?
This role will require someone who is not afraid to reach out to other communities, interact with community members and developers, work with the reviewers and lobby the delegates to help with the growth of the PoolTogether community. Someone in this role is going to be blazing a new trail. As an entrepreneur, I have the passion, commitment and experience to lead this community.
My biggest strength is the ability to communicate, quickly adapt and provide leadership to create solutions to unknown problems. I consider myself a Swiss Army knife when it comes to many different skills. I have over 20 years of experience in entrepreneurship and engineering and have been in the crypto space as an active investor since 2016. At a high level and outside of running my own businesses:
- I currently sit on an advisory board for our local city high schools that mentors entrepreneurship in our community.
- I have founded three separate companies and have varying degrees of experience from operations and engineering to strategic development and human resources.
- I have a technical background to be able to speak intelligently enough about crypto and general project management (i.e. Agile) principals with a B.S. in Computer Engineer
- I have invested and participated in 17 other active projects to vary degrees in the crypto space.