Use Treasury Funds to Reward Longterm Participants

I propose that PT holds a secondary airdrop (to rival that of the original) that rewards long-term participants. My suggestion would be that anyone who has held a deposit on the platform for 1 year or longer, and the amount of the airdrop be proportional to the length of time held (i.e. for each month beyond 1 year, the amount of POOL dropped be increased “x” amount.

I am not talking about giving every user 10,000 POOL, but I believe that granting POOL to those who have showed their interest in the platform will benefit the ecosystem as a whole. This would allow more people to get involved in the voting process, liquidity mining, pPOOL participation, etc. This would improve the overall platform. I do not see any downside to this, as I believe anyone who would qualify for such a drop has proven themselves enough so that the likelihood of them dumping their tokens is minimal.

I would love to hear input from others among you. If anyone sees this, agrees, and is able to vote (I dont as I do not have enough POOL delegated to me), PLEASE create a proposal capable of being voted on.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Overall, I like this idea a lot.

I think it needs a lot more thought in terms of how it would be designed and what the intended outcomes would be.

What immediately comes to mind is that it could be a good idea to pair something like this with the launch of the V5 upgrade. The POOL token will have far more utility after that upgrade so it could be a good time to get people re-engaged.

We also could leverage the expectation of a future airdrop to try and achieve some of our immediate growth goals in terms of growing TVL and prizes…

3 Likes

I like where you are going with this. We could begin advertising (but not giving away the criteria or anything) an upcoming surprise for users, which would drive some engagement and perhaps bring in tons of new users.

I do want to suggest though, that this drop should make sure that the tokens dropped to participants is not necessarily related to the amount they have deposited. I want it to be about length and rate of participation in the protocol, NOT about the amount of money they have deposited. I do not want those with thousands and thousands of dollars to benefit more so than those of us with smaller amounts but who have been around since V1-V3. I also want to ensure that there is encouragement to utilize the dropped POOL. I think this criteria (length of deposit) would help avoid dropping tokens to airdrop farmers and those who would typically immediately flip their tokens.

I am VERY excited about a V5 launch, and think linking it with this drop is an amazing idea. How can we go about furthering this idea?

What ways can we ensure POOL has much more utility after the upgrade?

3 Likes

Great idea honestly, But i do believe we need to have somewhat of a utility for this Token beforehand, Maybe with the release of some new tokenomics launching it would be a good idea.

there isn’t enough motivation or reasons for anyone to hold these tokens at the moment…

3 Likes