PoolGrants open feedback thread

The PoolGrants pilot program is ending soon, so we would like to have an open feedback and discussion thread.
The idea is to have this be pretty free-form.

Let us know any thoughts you have down below!

Discussion starters:

• How did the grants committee do?
  • What did you love?
  • What did you hate?
  • What’s your favorite grant?
  • What’s your least favorite grant?
  • Did the choice of grants meet expectations?
  • How could the grants committee be structured differently?
  • What’s missing on Poolgrants.org?
  • What should there be more transparency about?
  • What do you think of our Twitter account?
  • What type of grant should there be more of?
  • What are other grants programs doing that we aren’t?
  • Would you like to hear more updates on grants during community calls?
  • In what ways can PoolGrants help support more community ideas & projects?
  • How can we make more builders aware of PoolTogether specific opportunities?
  • How can we get the word out to increase grant applications?

Refresh your memory of all the grants that have been funded:
Month 1
Month 2
Month 3
Month 4
Month 5 coming soon TM

Looking forward to your feedback!

4 Likes

Is it possible to aggregate all of these months with the results of the grants? I see alot of grant receivers who were intending to write reports, but I don’t see the result of those reports. I can do it if needed, but I would just need the links for it

2 Likes

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.
We will compile a list of results.

First off all: thanks to the whole committee for getting this going. I really love what you are and have been doing. Especially while putting together the last 3 community newsletters I was able to reflect on how many awesome ideas where made reality.

• How did the grants committee do?
    For what I can tell from poolgrants.org & medium they did a great job. The committee kick-started the grant program from 0 and funded a lot of awesome projects.

• What did you love?
    Transparency on poolgrants.com & in gov forum, problem solving, team actually build something from the ground

• What did you hate?
    nobody should have to feel hate

• What’s your favorite grant?
    Can’t decide between Coordinape, DeFi Donut

• What’s your least favorite grant?
    they all seem to have been good use cases

• Did the choice of grants meet expectations?
    I’m new to DAOs but for me it does. It probably also really depends on the applications the committee is receiving.

• How could the grants committee be structured differently?
    You could maybe add social media & communications to one of the positions. Not fully sure how it is handled now.
    Another idea would be to have a committee member serve as a grant guide or consultant. This would be a person that can help get a funded grant started and avoid possible road blocks, planning errors and stand by with general help.

• What’s missing on Poolgrants.org ?
    Not all the pages seem to be fully updated and filled with content.
    I would love a kanban view for funded projects to see in what stage they are. Also I think it should be mandatory for funded projects to report the progress every x weeks.

• What should there be more transparency about?
    There could be more transparency how projects allocate the funds they are receiving. What is the money used for?
    It would also be very helpful to hear feedback from the grantees. What was good, what was bad, did everything go as expected, what were the roadblocks, how did the budget work out, … Other project could probably learn a lot from previous grants if there were metrics.

• What do you think of our Twitter account?
    Would love to see more content of the projects that where funded, maybe get projects to share threads about what they’re doing.

• What type of grant should there be more of?
    it looks pretty balanced. It would be interesting to see which projects didn’t receive a grant.

• Would you like to hear more updates on grants during community calls?
    yea - of course. :slight_smile: Maybe a 5 min part every call just going through what’s new or report what was discussed on the grants committee call

• In what ways can PoolGrants help support more community ideas & projects?
    First idea would be a bi-weekly office hour on a set time. Encourage people to ask questions in the open chat or voice channel so everybody has the chance to learn from that.
    It could also be helpful to offer people guiding them in finding teams or project contributors and let them set up channels on discord where they can collaborate on grants.

• How can we make more builders aware of PoolTogether specific opportunities?
    Join or collaborate with other protocols on a Hackathon. Should be online, should have multiple streams like developers, content creators, marketing, etc.

• How can we get the word out to increase grant applications?
    I think applications should not be forced. In my opinion it is healthier to grow naturally and encourage existing community members to bring projects to reality.

5 Likes

I would like more information on the PoolGrants. I would like to know what the budget for projects is. Is there any chance a proposal could be approved before Sunday? I would like to integrate with PoolTogether and provide marketing services.

This thread is more intended for feedback from the existing operations of PoolGrants.

The application form for PoolGrants can be found here: PoolGrants

The overall budget is within the quarterly PTIPs for the Pool Grants funding: PTIP-34 Grants Program Q2 Funding and PTIP-14: PoolTogether Grants Committee

4 Likes

I’d like to no how to get a grant

Hello please help me u derstand why my eth burned and transaction failed… all my eth burned due to gas fees and i was not able to join the pool… i was about to depost 85 usdc but it failed… now if i withdraw my usdc it requies eth again. Im newbie… i tried the V4… how am i going to get back my money to binance… im stuck… :frowning:

Can someone help me get into the pool… i need little eth for gas… please help

Refer failed transaction below
0x8920c9985171272dadd5bb0b2b8517ae0423f0b7cc1ef450e6b311c320230bf5