PoolGrants committee open applications

I would like to apply for the role as lead (or) deputy lead of the Grants Committee. If someone else becomes lead or deputy lead, I would like to apply as reviewer.

Describe your involvement in the PoolTogether ecosystem:
I made my first investment in PT in early 2020, and have been in discord community for the last 1 year.

Quick background - I am an extremely experienced defi user (started with compound in 2018 as one of its first users), been involved in every major defi community ever since. Personally, I like PT a lot and is my favorite for 2 reasons - (1) as a protocol, for its potential in gamifying rewards, (2) as a community, that values its members over anything else. Token airdrop distribution was fairest in entire space. Core team values protocol and community more than short term profits which is a rarity in the space. For these reasons i love PT community and am one of its biggest supporters. Also, as a recipient of largest PT airdrop and a big prize winner (in v3), i feel its my responsibility to contribute to the protocol in best way possible.

As to my specific contributions, I encouraged 10+ new community members to explore protocol, put forward gov proposals (such as spending time with bancor team to enable single sided staking for POOL tokens), shared opinions on LM rewards distribution, ideated on ways to help migrate users from v3 to v4. I am pretty active and engaged on governance forums and discord posts. Lastly, i am sceptical of coordinape and hence do not have the POOL holder tag on discord, but i am a very big POOL holder.

What skills/experience do you bring to the committee?

I have a background in Computer Science and a lead product manager at a bay area tech unicorn . I am very familiar with ethereum ecosystem and defi space (starting from compound in 2018 to the latest developments as of today). I have basic smart contract knowledge and fully understand pooltogether protocol and the ecosystem needs. I am also pretty familiar with NFT and metaverse space and as a grant committee member can identify potential opportunities (either from individual contributors or collaborative communities) to help advance pooltogether

Can you commit ~2/6/12 hours a week as a reviewer/deputy lead/lead?
I can easily commit 2-12 hours every week (and possibly more). If there are some weeks with more work every now and then, I can put more time in. I don’t anticipate this to be a problem.

9 Likes