POOL token Airdrop for POD users who should have qualified

Great work! Your work is awesome!

1 Like

I don’t think this airdrop make sense as it is currently being contemplated.

A few facts:

• The current total for this airdrop is 58,208 POOL tokens, that’s a bit over 1% of our total POOL token treasury.

• The vast majority of addresses receiving this airdrop already received the original airdrop.

The original airdrop was the most generous that has ever been done by any protocol in terms of the number of tokens distributed. Given how aggressive it was, I do not think it makes sense to distribute more tokens to those same users. There are many projects and people I would rather direct these tokens to than an additional airdrop.

There are 175 addresses on that list that actually did not receive any POOL tokens. I’d be supportive of doing a limited airdrop to just those addresses that caps that uniformly gives them 30 POOL each this is a total of 5,250 POOL which I think is a more reasonable number.

3 Likes

I just pulled a flat compare between the 2 queries provided to find the difference. It being ~1% of the treasury is admittedly daunting, as you heard on the Swim Meet, I misremembered the Treasury amount by 10x, that’s my bad. This much of a chunk of treasury is well worth a conversation on how to appropriately reimburse.

I think there’s a couple items to consider:

1. How active are all these wallets. Like you said there’s 175 that did not get any POOL, there’s maybe a dozen people in this thread I don’t interact with on a weekly basis that could be in that 175. And it does seem like a risky use of POOL to drop if they aren’t active.
  2. Where does 30 come from, it’s an easy ~.1% but seems a little arbitrary.

Poll Time:
Okay so I think there’s a 4 different ways to solve for how much this retro-airdrop should airdrop. And I’ll need the community to voice which they think is the correct way to go about this.

Please choose which airdrop distribution you feel is apt for the retro-airdrop.
  • ~58,000 POOL (~1% of the treasury, 782 wallets):
    This airdrops an amount of POOL to anyone that was shorted POOL to reflect the ‘retro-query-fork’ in this post.
    Key Note that many of the tokens airdropped were sold shortly there after.
  • ~16,500 POOL (~0.3% of the treasury, 174 wallets):
    This airdrops an amount of POOL to anyone that didn’t any POOL from the original airdrop
  • ~7,300 POOL (~0.1% of the treasury, 132 wallets):
    This airdrops an amount of POOL to anyone that is noted as not receiving POOL in this post from the original airdrop
  • ~5,250 POOL (~0.09%) of the treasury, 174 wallets):
    This aridrops 30 POOL to anyone that was missed from the original airdrop
  • No retro-airdrop needed
0 voters

P.S.: Don’t forget this other Poll

Edit: Deleted the original post as I wanted to add the last option.
Edit2:

Clarification between Items 2 and 3

In my analysis of the query document put together by PoolTogether Inc.:

I found that the A) some of the wallets in sheets containing missing address did receive some POOL, B) some wallets in the retro-query-fork that should’ve received POOL didn’t and were not listed as a missing address.

• Item 2 includes all wallets that did not receive any POOL and should have, regardless of whether or not they were in sheets containing missing addresses
  • Item 3 includes only wallets that did not receive any POOL and should have and were included in the sheets containing missing addresses (IE, those few wallets that were not on the missing address sheets are not counted here)

My workbook and analysis is here:

3 Likes

Hi team,

Where are we at with this Airdrop correction? This has been in discussion for almost 2 months now and would like to get an update…

Thanks

1 Like

Please checkout the new PTIP for this: https://gov.pooltogether.com/t/ptip-7-retro-airdrop-to-missed-pod-users/916

2 Likes

Support it, good to see this being done for users who were left out unintentionally.

I have a wallet that was not dropped and is not listed either

Post your address and I will investigate for you. And ideally your deposit transaction in a block explorer

I think you are already looking at my case, thank you

Hello @Santana90jr Unfortunately you do not qualify for the either the original or the replacement since you never entered any of the prize pools or pods. Your transaction history shows you have double approved the Dai Prize Pool to spend your Dai, yet not actually transferred the funds to the Prize Pool, thus not qualifying. For more technical info please read about ERC-20 approve vs transfer functionality.

1 Like

I will try to be quite respectful with you, there must be some mistake, how is it possible that Comore Dai passes them to pooltogether and does not play? something escapes them, I will be very very disappointed if my case is not solved, I am sure that I supported the project a year ago buying and playing in pooltogether

1 Like

how is it possible that Comore Dai passes them to pooltogether and does not play

What does this mean? What is Comore Dai? Approving Dai is not the same thing as transferring

If you have evidence that you transferred funds to any of the eligible pools then please post it here.

1 Like

I have evidence that I put money in pooltogether, that is, I used the platform and I’m sure I played with tickets

1 Like

Since all actions are public on the Ethereum blockchain you should be able to provide a link to a block explorer URL that shows this transaction. For example, this is your approve transaction: Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan

1 Like

here it is, please do not tell me again that I have not deposited

1 Like

unfortunately that transaction is not en eligible transaction for the airdrop. depositing into a pool takes two transactions ( an approval and then an actual deposit). that transaction is only the first of two transactions.

5 Likes

I think that the smallest users are the ones who most value the rewards for participation, and it is a way of recognizing and including within the community, I am definitely in favor of the proposal.

3 Likes

This proposal passed!

1 Like