POOL token Airdrop for POD users who should have qualified

After several users reported the issue of not receiving any POOL, we investigated and discovered a bug in the original retroactive query code regarding Pods. Users that had deposited into the USDC Pod and the Dai Pod were not being compensated correctly. We’ve fixed the problem and are currently polishing the code in preparation for making it public.

I think this will make a great first proposal for the community, and will require the involvement of a technical community member.

I suggest:

1. The community looks at the revised drop and determines an appropriate distribution for the Pod users that were missed, or received less than they should have. This could be constructed as a simple CSV.

2. The CSV is published publicly to a Github repo

3. A developer forks the Merkle Distributor project and updates it to instead consume the CSV to generate the merkle proof.

4. The developer deploys the new Pod Merkle Distributor.

5. The community approves of a proposal to transfer the appropriate amount of POOL into the Pod Merkle Distributor contract. It’s important to note that the the community should verify the deployed contract’s merkle distribution!. It would be very easy to slip additional claims in.

The developer could be compensated in POOL for the gas spent and the time taken, as well. A proposal can have more than one transaction, so a second transaction could transfer POOL directly to the developers address.

I think this is a great issue for the community to tackle! We’ll have the amended code up for you all shortly.

10 Likes