POOL Endgame

I’m totally onboard to leverage POOL to grow the protocol and I’m excited for it. When @TheRealTuna posted about getting the Pool Party started my only reservation was that we weren’t on Arbitrum or Base, yet.

Now we’re on Optimism, Base, Arbitrum and perhaps L1 Mainnet Ethereum soon. I think we’re comfortable enough to think about the next steps and I think we’re there. It did come sooner than I anticipated, but the Arbitrum and Base rollouts were smoooth.

Yeah, if we just drip POOL for the sake of dripping POOL then it’ll likely be non-impactful. I’m totally for a measured approach to incentivize depositing now.

@TheRealTuna @Brendan I think you both have wanted similar goals for PoolTogether, but diverged on how to execute those ideas, albeit always slightly not radically. Well, I think there’s some good alignment here finally! :3

I do like the idea of the Pilot Program so that we can remain non-committal to any possibly ineffective strategies and pivot when required.

This approach

can now be executed upon, but responsibly hehe :3

Also an emphatic yes to:

1. Capping the POOL supply
  2. Winding down governance

Governance had its time and I think it was required in our early days. Now, I think we have that hardened, decentralized version of PoolTogether we can really lean into. I think it’s time to say goodbye to the governance experiment for good. At the end, we were probably down to about 10-20 voters, if we were lucky. No need to carry that unnecessary baggage anymore. I even think governance came in clutch the last 6 months or so, it deserves credit for where we are today, no doubt. I just don’t see it being impactful anymore, though, only a burden with an ever-decreasing value proposition.

Let’s get to it! I am curious on where we’ll land on POOL distribution respective to each chain. Of course Optimism is already incentivized by OP, meanwhile Arbitrum and Base are not incentivized in the same way (there’s some incentives there already, but small). I think the drip will likely focus on those chains more than Optimism?

I am sure the teams will have all sorts of opinions about how to go about distributing POOL in the most effective way possible.

In terms of the proposed Automated Program, I assume the below still stands?

I think @underthesea would be fond of that. After all it’s the yield that gives us prizes, not necessarily the TVL. I think incentivizing yield contributions in the automated program will be critical and definitely the optimal approach.

In any case, I’m personally loving V5 and I haven’t been this engaged with the protocol since V3. It’s special and I want to see that reflected in the broader space. I love our niche but it’s finally time to get back to 2021 levels of protocol activity. Do we deserve it? A resounding yes from me. Everybody that contributed to the protocol over the years deserves massive props. It’s truly something special and was won over wading through a huge amount of adversity at times.

I think it’s high time we make a splash and kick-off the beloved fly-wheel espoused by our beloved lifeguard @Leighton. I think all the pieces are finally in place. As they: Let’s Get The Pool Party Started! :heart:@TheRealTuna

5 Likes