POOL Depositor Distribution

1.) I agree that lowering the total POOL issued to around 100k per year would be good. But I still think DAI and USDC pools should get a large share of that, since they have better interest rates on Compound. This leads to more value generated by money in Pooltogether, which can be captured by something like the reserve mechanism. In my opinion the value of the protocol is linked to the value generated. We should incentivize high interest deposits more than low interest ones.
So I would propose also lowering UNI and COMP POOL distributions to way under 255 per day, for example 30. This allows DAI/USDC to be set to around 480.

3.) I think the distribution to the POOL pool needs to be done very carefully. If it’s too high, this essentially becomes a ponzi scheme, like many scam crypto projects out there.

Another way of preventing the “whale farming and dump” problem is to just timelock the yield farmed tokens. If the whale needs to hold the tokens for a significant time and doesn’t know the value of POOL at unlock, it will be much less attractive to farm with the intention of dumping.

I think @gabor’s idea of a targeted airdrop to replace some of the liquidity mining could be nice. He has made a separate thread here: Extraordinary Airdrop to Governance Participants

5 Likes