OP Incentives for Optimism Rollout

Have you seen this tool @Leighton ?

I am not super familiar with it but have used it for a few things and it has been pretty useful in my experience!

1 Like

I like this, but I also want to encourage folks to stay deposited. How about we experiment with a bigger weekly prize on Optimism that allows us to decrease subsidies but tests the staying power a larger prize. Though I guess itā€™s not a true test because of OP rewards, but I think thereā€™s something about this that would be cool to do.

I donā€™t necessarily agree with rewarding early adopters in this case. However for future reference - we can always use the TWAB rewards retroactively. Pretty powerful that TWAB!

I think the OP rewards are off to a great start! Network TVL is up around 20% since yesterday. Letā€™s keep spreading the word and bring new Poolers in to Optimism.

1 Like

Somehow I missed this reply @Leighton , but I thought TWAB rewards could be done retroactively. Like we can, at any time, set a date range on the TWAB contract and receive an addresses TWAB for that range.

Either way, it looks like the community is pretty split and I doubt those who deposited after OP incentives were awarded are going to want their apr cut down by distributing some to those who deposited before. I think by doing this, we are losing out on the ā€œanticipationā€ depositors, early adopters, and we are going to see only action through incentives. When this happens, some depositors may miss the PoolTogether experience and even if they get a win or two, theyā€™re only focused on the incentives.

If we had depositors come before the OP rewards, there would be some dead time where there ONLY reward was a prizeā€¦they could then see the true experience of PTā€¦even though they may have only been there anticipating rewards.

1 Like