I wanted to set this out as a starting point for discussing the need for periodic/dynamic reporting to the community tracking the utilisation of treasury funds across various initiatives across the PoolTogether ecosystem.
It’s been incredible to see all of the activity being driven by the exceptional community that PoolTogether has attracted over the past few months - and this is extremely gratifying (as it is over and above what we envisioned when in the early stages of the protocol).
In the past few weeks, there has been a flurry of activity with regards to the evolution of proposals to incentivise sustainable growth and engagement - as seen in some of the proposals for incentivizing NFT pools (@gabor), diversifying the treasury (@leighton), the ideation around community grants committee (@McOso), the proposal to incentivise ETH/POOL LP’s (@frown), KPI options (@TheRealTuna ) in addition to the POOL drips across different pools and the work on modifying the same.
As the protocol continues to expand its scope of activities and attracts more users and more capital, it would be extremely helpful to think about how we can make overall communications between different stakeholders transparent and help people get up to speed on various aspects pertaining to the current initiatives associated with the protocol. It is exceptionally important to ensure that information/assets don’t get fragmented across different activities/multi-sigs and leaves the community in varying states of understanding (esp. new users).
This is probably where reporting would help serve as, imho, a cementing function in order to drive a healthy understanding of the macro/micro indicators pertaining to the protocol and its initiatives.
- Understand the community’s intent to have a more accessible and easy source of truth for the various spending proposals for POOL
- Provide a common landing ground for understanding the utilisation of POOL across different ideas/themes/multi-sigs - and gauge what would be helpful to have on the same
- Create practices that would help for better community monitoring of token expenses (open/capex) across different initiatives
- Iterate upon macro themes and KPI’s - especially as inputs to drive discussion around future initiatives
- Craft next steps in terms of crystallising some of these inputs into an output (working group/notion page/quarterly report)
A few ideas and open questions:
- We should learn what we can from other communities - there’s been some incredible work in the YFI, Aave and IndexCoop communities (among many others)
- It would be good to list out the more important parameters that we should be keeping a look at (and this is where I’d love feedback):
** Inflows: rates of pool inflows, reserve inflows + other forms of transactional interest from other participants
** Outflows: rate of POOL distribution per (time period/pool), current opex/capex spends + effectiveness of staking/affiliate programs (if any)
** Assets: current treasury holdings, current reserves, multi-sigs for different initiatives
** Other parameters: correlation of treasury with broader market moves (and associated beta), user growth, grant activity, artist campaign numbers
- What would be other forms of lagging/leading indicators we could utilise?
- How would we best present this information to the community? Could be in the form of monthly reports to start out with and then increasingly move on to a realtime dashboard/notion page
- Contributors towards these topics + compensation rate for the same
'Nuff said from my side - would really appreciate more discussion on this topic and see how we can keep everyone abreast of all developments and help make more data-driven decisions.