Treasury Diversification

I like the idea of doing token swaps with other protocol treasuries like UNI / COMP etc. I think we should do the swap through a lottery distribution as well. I talked about this idea in another thread in this forum. Might be a bit of work but it’s novel to pooltogether; our reserve takes a cut of another protocol’s treasury funded prizepool and in return their treasury earns a POOL drip. Would also prefer to wait for the POOL token to appreciate before making any swaps. IMO it has a lot of catching up to do. I have POOL marked around $120-$150 in terms of fair value atm. I expect us to move up significantly towards the end of this liquidity mining period.

Don’t like the idea of giving a hedge fund a discount to spot, especially when there’s the possibility they could be up to shenanigans on the spot price to get an even cheaper price. The idea of offering a discount to funds is common but let’s remember that the fund probably really wants the exposure and if they’ve done their research on POOL I’m sure they’re concluding it’s dirt cheap right now. An open auction would be nice I guess, or maybe if we made some sort of bonding curve above spot that we grew into it would give equal opportunity to all market participants to buy a big chunk in one go.

5 Likes