PoolGrants committee open applications

I would like to re-apply for the role as lead of the Grants Committee. If someone else becomes lead, I would like to apply as deputy lead/reviewer.

Previous experience:
Was part of them team who wrote the proposal for this grants initiative and was the co-lead along with Torgin for the majority of our first 6 months active.
Pre-pandemic I worked in print and digital marketing, post-pandemic I’ve been allowed the freedom to turn my crypto hobbies into something more. I’ve been involved in DAO work since, mostly in B.D. positions and community design.

Describe your involvement in the PoolTogether ecosystem:
Prior to the managing the grants committee I was part of the “swim teams” group and the early community calls. Since then my involvement has been mainly focused on the grants group specifically and managing the workflow of applications, consideration, and communication with funded projects.

What skills/experience do you bring to the committee?
Defi grants attract all types of proposals that require people with different skillsets to handle them effectively. We have members with computer science backgrounds, financial expertise, developer skills, and more. We lean on those members to handle proposals that match their individual talents.
The nature of the lead role for this group requires someone who is able to effectively manage the group, attract proposals with active outreach, and nurture relationships with grantees. In my view, and as shown by the number of proposals we received in first 3 months over the activity in the last quarter, I believe I can deliver to the community a robust and beneficial set of funded proposals.

Over the last 3 months with myself transitioning to a reviewer role, I was still directly responsible for almost 25% of incoming grants. I counted 2 each month (out of 9 in month 1 and 8 each month since) that were a result of my outreach, and gabor accounting for 2 as well over that time.

Can you commit 12/6 hours a week as a lead/reviewer?
Yes. When we began in May and I found out that I had been entrusted as a co-lead PoolGrants became my primary concern so I’ve made myself available for this committment.

2 Likes