LP Partnership with Fei

This just seems to contradict what we were doing in the OHM bonds deal in trying to buy back some of our Ethereum liquidity. Maybe you’re right and the TRIBE rewards do make this a decent deal but as @Torgin just pointed out this also increases the trading fees for users trading from ETH. Pairing with a stable coin also means if POOL pumps it would be sold off for FEI which means we are kind of betting against ourselves by pairing with a stablecoin. My idea of a cheaper/better option would be using collateral to raise funds and continue what we started with the OHM deal by buying back much of the LP on Ethereum. You are right though that the TRIBE rewards may offset things, I just don’t like relying so heavily on TRIBE/FEI’s success when we can own much of that liquidity ourselves and not have to rely on anyone.

My main question would be:
If the plan is to add the FEI deal while continuing to slowly cut back LP rewards while buying back the UNI POOL/ETH LP to be held buy treasury. I could probably get behind that.
Or
If the plan is to add this and cut LP rewards immediately and think that this will just replace what we have in place then I don’t think it’s a great plan. UNI POOL/ETH LP will be dumped and we will be left paired with a stablecoin instead of paired with ETH, which is not ideal in my opinion.

2 Likes