Give POOL token more utility

I was also thinking about staking $POOL to farm NFTS with the popularity and network effect based on the fact that the protocol is on and available for a while now, it wouldnt be hard to find a good artist willing to embrace the project and the concept to create a piece that woud appreciate with time, eventually, and i know i would be down with it if i dont want to use it for voting instead of selling it they would wait till the NFT is farmed for sure !
i guess even partnerships with a popular license would be easy given the popularity of crypto assets these days

Man, this was posted in February (and again in April in a separate thread), and I feel like there’s been a lot of “that’s a good idea,” but nothing ever happens. Sort of sad to see this was brought up almost a year ago to not effect. I think putting this off for so long has really hurt us, we really gotta make this #1 priority now.

It is the number one priority now. I know it’s easy to be dismayed at the moment, but apart from token price the protocol is doing really well. The recent price action has spurred a slew of creative ideas. We’ll get there. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago . The second best time is now.”

Now that V4 is out of the gate, we’re multi-chain and have thousands of winners a day we’re finally ready. Focusing on tokenomics any sooner was probably a bit premature. We can blame the price action on our inaction, but DeFi in general has taken a pummeling. Nevertheless, we’re on it.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Let’s get it done.

So I apologize for my ignorance (I have been saying and will continue to say that a lot), but isn’t the ultimate appeal of the Pool token that it will be yield bearing in the future? Like once PT hits a TVL of $200,000,000 USDC in v4, the current prize pools can be self-sustaining so Pool hodlers could potentially vote to distribute a small percentage…like .1% of the yield generated back to Pool Holders?