I recently announced myself as a Pooltogether governance delegate.
Here I want to tell you why I’m well equipped to represent you in governance.
- I have a proven track record on this forum and on the Discord.
- I am arguably the most active member of the entire forum. According to the user statistics (PoolTogether), I’ve received the second most likes on posts (after @leighton), spent the most time on it in total, and read the most posts. I was granted the “new user of the month” badge when I joined.
- I have a background in Computer Science which means I have a good understanding of probability and statistics, aswell as being able to judge whether something is feasible from a technical perspective.
- I’ve been an active member of the community since the beginning of v3. I know how everything works, including the inner workings of the smart contracts.
- I have answered the questions of hundreds of users on the Discord. I know what problems they have and how the protocol could be improved for them.
- @leighton has endorsed me as “a great delegate”.
My core values are:
- To always make rational decisions based on facts.
- To make the protocol fair to everyone.
- To lower gas costs in order to allow more people to use Pooltogether.
- To promote sustainable long-term growth of the protocol.
- Not to spend governance funds on useless things.
I plan to continue spending a lot of my time on Pooltogether governance and helping new users out in the future. I do this on a purely voluntary basis. I have never gotten paid for any of this.
Update: I am now the PoolGrants committee co-lead, which is a paid position.
I strongly encourage you to read through my past forum posts and see how I’ve added to governance discussions so far!
If I was able to convince you to choose me as your delegate, please go to https://sybil.org/#/delegates/pool/0xC8f88b4aeF57Ac93FE41390194C3A4d77d7df744 and delegate your POOL to my address.
You can also follow me on my brand new Twitter account https://twitter.com/MTorgin
If you have any questions, let me know!
Edit: I just hit 10k delegated votes, meaning I can now start proposals!
Thank you everyone for your support.
I am paying the gas fees for voting out of pocket. If you would like to donate to help cover costs, send ETH to 0xC8f88b4aeF57Ac93FE41390194C3A4d77d7df744